Smoking snake

julio

Established Member
Does anybody's elses 03 Cobra smoke on start-up? Has the dealer been able to fix it? Mine has blue smoke (not all the time) at start up, and mostly from the left bank. Just curious what you guys have found out before I take it in to the dealer. Thanks for your help!!

FYI, bone stock 03, QUD2 car, 8000 miles.

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Man how many times do I need to tell people... It is your PCV system. The PCV system on modular 4V motors sucks oil mist out of the driver side valve cover and spits it in to the intake. This is why you stang smokes on start up (especially if you were really getting on it the day before).

julio

Established Member
I can see your PCV theory, but ALL PCV systems mist oil. This is my second Cobra (2003) first one never smoked no matter how hard I ran it. Second on smokes every morning or after it has sit for a long period of time no matter how it was ran (easy or Hard) and also your PCV theory doesn't explain the oil puddles that I found in the throttle body tube where the fresh air intake for the PCV system is. Thanks

cobrasnake95

Established Member
do we need to do the lightning breather mod on this car too?
I was wondering if the old steam clean decarbonizing treatment would work on a 03 or not.. sure would clean that oil up on the intercooler...valves...whatever it touched.

Users who are viewing this thread