Sn95 cobra

justin duprey

Wont run when hot it has a fox motor
20211116_145146.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A102U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Does it have fuel pressure? Did you try unplugging a couple injectors and then try to start it?

justin duprey

Does it have fuel pressure? Did you try unplugging a couple injectors and then try to start it?
It has 35 pound of fuel unplugged vac 45 pounds everything to do with spark is new new 24 pound injectors new key switch when the thermostat kicks open seems to die restart blows black smoke an dies cold start runs fine

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
What style distributor is it? Is the TFI Module on the distributor or on the passenger side fender apron?

94-95 distributors had a common problem with the PIP sensor (distributor pickup sensor) inside the distributor going bad. If you do replace the PIP, use a Motorcraft/Ford piece, part number DU50.

justin duprey

Distributor is an off brand tfi is also my buddy had a factory one it does same thing
What style distributor is it? Is the TFI Module on the distributor or on the passenger side fender apron?

94-95 distributors had a common problem with the PIP sensor (distributor pickup sensor) inside the distributor going bad. If you do replace the PIP, use a Motorcraft/Ford piece, part number DU50.

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
It has 35 pound of fuel unplugged vac 45 pounds everything to do with spark is new new 24 pound injectors new key switch when the thermostat kicks open seems to die restart blows black smoke an dies cold start runs fine

Thermostat kicks open......Do the fans turn on? What ECU are you using?

Cobra Jet

Established Member
“When gets hot”…. How hot is hot, what is the actual temps you’re seeing?

“Stock computer” meaning the stock J4J1 for a 94-95 Cobra, or has someone swapped in an A9L, or swapped in a 94-95 GT T4MO or other other “5.0” computer?

You have to give us more than bits-n-pieces here.

How modified is this car, what is on it?

You’re saying it’s a 95 Cobra but has a “Fox motor”…. To me, it sounds like the car is no longer stock and has been modified… and just an FYI, a 94-95 SN95 5.0 (Cobra or GT) is still on a Fox platform (floorpan/chassis) and is still the same basic “5.0” found in the prior 86-93 EFI H.O. Fox.

What’s the timing at (spout in)? What’s the spark plug firing order that YOU have?

What MAF is on it - stock, aftermarket, A9L, or factory 94-95 Cobra or factory 94-95 GT and what’s the sensor calibration?

justin duprey

“When gets hot”…. How hot is hot, what is the actual temps you’re seeing?

“Stock computer” meaning the stock J4J1 for a 94-95 Cobra, or has someone swapped in an A9L, or swapped in a 94-95 GT T4MO or other other “5.0” computer?

You have to give us more than bits-n-pieces here.

How modified is this car, what is on it?

You’re saying it’s a 95 Cobra but has a “Fox motor”…. To me, it sounds like the car is no longer stock and has been modified… and just an FYI, a 94-95 SN95 5.0 (Cobra or GT) is still on a Fox platform (floorpan/chassis) and is still the same basic “5.0” found in the prior 86-93 EFI H.O. Fox.

What’s the timing at (spout in)? What’s the spark plug firing order that YOU have?

What MAF is on it - stock, aftermarket, A9L, or factory 94-95 Cobra or factory 94-95 GT and what’s the sensor calibration?
Factory cobra computer the car has under drive pulleys timing 14 long tube headers slp catback 411 gears screaming deman coil anderson ford mass air cold air pipe elderbrock intake the motor is stock out of 1989 mustang gt 180 thermostat
I looked at computer t4m0

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Established Member
The T4M0 is not a 1994-95 Cobra computer. That belongs to a 1994/95 GT.

Therefore you MUST make sure that the MAF sensor is calibrated to the fuel injectors that are in that engine.

Also 1994/95 5.0 firing order is:
1 3 7 2 6 5 4 8

Which should be the same on a pre-94 Fox 5.0.

Also as was noted previously, the 94/95 5.0 distributor is specific to a 1994/95 Mustang 5.0. You can't use a pre-94 5.0 distributor OR TFI module in a 94/95 - the circuitry is different in both units.

Users who are viewing this thread