SN95 or Terminator NEED HELP choosing

ghoyt87

Established Member
Ok here it is guys.....

Currently I am thinking about buying a 98 Cobra that has a fully built motor, Clutch, and Flywheel, and lowering springs but besides that completely stock. The owner built to motor with plans to supercharge it but finished the motor and got tired of and and now has the car for sale. the car is in great shape and has 37k miles,

- so i guess my first question to you all is what do you think this car is worth?

My second concern is It seems like a lot of SN95 owners are having a hard time making good power/quorter mile times with these cars without poring a lot of money into these cars.(If i'm wrong, please tell me) But I am thinking since the motor is alreaddy built I will be able to thow a blower/turbo and some supporting mods and make close to 500hp

- so I also want to hear from people who have turbos/blowers in their SN95s and hear their #'s and 1/4 times, and costs when it is all said and done.

I prefer the style of the SN95 cobra's looks but I am not positive if it is worth buying a car that is slower than my current DD(335i turned a 13.27) then having to pour thousands into it to make it where I want it

- I eventually would want a mid to low 11 second car out of it

so my choices are between saving for a year buying a 03/04(with 20 to 30k miles) and porting the blower, throwing exhaust, pully, and tune on there and being done with it(simple and safe)

or buying the 98 cobra now and start the heavy modding ASAP

I would love to hear what you all, as SN95 owners feel I should do...

Thanks so much

Greg

And sorry for the long post

ghoyt87

Established Member
OH and it would be more of a street car too,

prob only see the track once or twice a year...

mystical

Established Member
Since the 98 is already forged, you can pick up a used blower kit for cheap and have a very fast car without investing too much money. No matter what you do, cars aren't investments so you will be losing money either way. I would suggest buying whatever you think looks better because no matter how fast you are, there will always be someone faster. Moreover, if you're only going to the track once a year, who cares if you have an 11sec car or not. JMO.

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
OH and it would be more of a street car too,

prob only see the track once or twice a year...

With that being said I'd go with the '03-04. They are real good, fun street cars. Torque curves as flat as a table, IRS, nice seats, 6 speed, reliable as a brick for the most part.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
Personally if the SN95 already has a built motor ( also what do you concider built? and who built it?) i'd go witht he 98 Cobra. With the car already having a built motor alot of the upfront cost is already taken care of for you if it's built right and reliable. YOu can pick up a D1 Procharger or an S or T trim out of the market place here for 2000-3200 bucks depending on which you go with and could EASILY make 500rwhp.

If the motor is well built your only weak link might be the tranny if you hit the track alot, which you mentioned it wont be.

Dont get me wrong at all, I love terminators but personally if the cobra already has a built motor and your only looking for 500rwhp? Get the 98 Cobra and put a small centri blower on and call it a day and have a MUCH cheaper car that you could pay off alot faster.

Plus a 500RWHP SN95 is a fair amount lighter then the termi too

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I guess this semi-depends on what the seller wants for his 98...

The 03 is probably more of what you're looking for though. You can get one for low 20's these days, throw about $1k in mods at them in the form of pulley, intake, exhaust, tune and tires and you're looking at a mid to low 11 second pass in a comfortable street car...

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
I guess this semi-depends on what the seller wants for his 98...

The 03 is probably more of what you're looking for though. You can get one for low 20's these days, throw about $1k in mods at them in the form of pulley, intake, exhaust, tune and tires and you're looking at a mid to low 11 second pass in a comfortable street car...
yupp I would have to agree, I just like the sn95 looks better :banana:

grandestang

Exponentially
Established Member
What people aren't taking into consideration here is the "newness" of a Terminator.

A terminator won't have nearly as many rattles and clunks. It will feel like an overall much better put together vehicle. After driving a friend's Terminator and comparing it to my car, its hard to believe they were built on the same chassis. I think a Termi would make a MUCH better DD.

I love my car, but it definitely feels like a 10 year old car when I drive.

If you want cheap speed, go with the SN95. The Terminator will make a better daily driver by far but you will be paying for it. Just my .02

Paul

qkslvr221

Established Member
With the built motor, SN95 hands down. Having a reliable 500-550rwhp car with no payment is so damn appealing to me!

That being said, these cars aren't a whole lot different from the 03-04s interior and comfort-wise, sans the IRS and traction control, of course.

ghoyt87

Established Member
thanks guys for all your opinions, keep em comming...

the guy was asking 15.5k i got him down to 14...

does that sound about right to all of you...

don't forget this car is 37k miles built motor, clutch flywheel, conra Rwheeles, lowering springs, LDC cooling mod and a couple extra little things...ABOUT 1000 MILES ON ALL MODS

RubberDown

the MAD hatter
Established Member
+1 on the termi... I love my 97 cobra. It is great to drive, NA fun. When anyone else rides in the car or we go on a trip... we take the wife's 02 and it feels 1000 times more comfortable in terms of solidness and lack of rattles/noise. Why do I drive a 97 though? I paid cash for the car and can do a little at a time till I get it where I want it.

Users who are viewing this thread