Snake Is Stalling???

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
So I'm driving tonight when a Z28 pulls up to me so naturally I go from fourth to third and wait (going about 40 mph). So when he gives it a little gas I go down to second gear and the rpm's start to climb and then the car stalls:shrug: I was like WTF...It did it like 3 times, like it wanted to take off but it kept stalling. The cobra felt like it was asking for more gas, can it be my fuel pump is about to give out??? On the way home I got on it a little and it did it a few more times.

If anyone can give me a little inside if it's happen to them???thanks

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Sounds like you have low-fuel pressure or something like that. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (AFPR) or is it stock? IMRC's cleaned?

S.C.L.A.98COBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by raven69david
Sounds like you have low-fuel pressure or something like that. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator (AFPR) or is it stock? IMRC's cleaned?

I do have a AFPR, and the engine is about 5-6 months old so im guessing the IMRC's are clean.

Last edited:

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
did it actually stall killed the engine completely? or was it just jerking and then going

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
what kind of wires, how old are they? sounds like it is missing, at most maybe a fuel filter

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
check the plugs too, i dont think those wires would cause the problem, but you never know, i just had to check for msd wires, cause they made mine miss and it was similar to what your describing

98cobrancali

the mustang man
Established Member
i didnt say stay away from them but i had problems and i know some other people that had problems with the msd superconductor wires, i bought a brand new set put them on and my car started to miss, i was all over that thing cause i had just done imrc's before i put the wires on so i thought i messes something up, took it all back apart and back together still missing, went and bought an on the fuel rail fuel pressure gauge and it was perfect, i thought no way it was my brand new wires, when i started to find out others had problems similar to mine and it was the wires, so i went and got pep boys wires and it runs perfect, i know that there is good sets of msd wires out there but i will never buy them again, not even for my 5.0

Users who are viewing this thread