Snapped off manifold stud, HELP!

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
i searched this topic and is seems common, but looking for advice on my situation...
I was istalling an X yesterday and snapped off one of the studs on the driver side manifold.... luckily i got it out. Called Ford for the part, and they sell it in a bag of 4 at $13.66 each...im not paying $54 for need of one stud.
Why cant I just use a bolt? cant just put stainless steel bolt through the flange and screw it right into the manifold... is there any potential probs with that? the only prob i can see is that I cant freakin find the thread pattern on that stud... the side of the stud that screws into the manifold is a very unique thread pattern, couldnt find anything to match it yesterday....any ideas? Unless anyone has a spare driver side stud, Ill paypal you for it...
thanks all.

Last edited:

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
Ive called 6 ford dealers in my area, all come in packs of 4...what a pain! Is there anywhere else to purchases a stud like this?

magstang1

C'mon say it man RAMROD!
Established Member
I bought one for the passenger side from russ milne ford in michigan. They have a 24 hour parts counter.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
You're lucky, I broke a stud off in the header and I'm having to drill it out. Ford f*cked up when they overtorqued the nuts on these studs.

Users who are viewing this thread