Sneak Peak at Maximum Motorsports SLA Front and IRS Rear Suspensions For The 05s

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Damn!! Way to be MM!!! Maximum Mustang Dedication. :rockon: Let the IRS vs. SRA wars begin anew. Wonder how they test against stock stuff? Funny, I recently asked the MM guy who monitors "corner-carvers.com" if MM would ever be doing an SLA. He never answered back...must have been a Top-Secret. Let's see now $40K (or was that >$45K...Mr. HTT??) GT500 plus $10K (just a wild-ass-guess) in new MM suspension works...$50 to $55K... that's about right. Still cheaper than an '06 Z06. $10K on base GT might not be so bad for a really unique ride. Suddenly, my New Edge is looking a lot older...must start saving those pennies again. Would Ford ever sub-these units to put into a new SVT Cobra??

R1Lello

Established Member
:read:

Maximum are smart here.............like any product, if enough people want it, it will be made. The car doesn't need IRS (05's already proven on the track)but too many of you want it so now maximum will make $$$ from you and initially, they are the only ones so start paying big bucks. Way to go Maximum, keep the company growing

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
My comments as posted on that blog;

As the prior owner of a '00 GT and now an '03 Cobra, I prefer the IRS over the solid axle for every day driving situations. The ride quality is 100% better and turning on an uneven surface is much more controlled. I looked into buying a Roush Stage 3 before I purchased the Cobra, but the IRS swayed me to buy the factory Ford. I had been planning to make the GT500 my next car, but changed my mind due to the plans for a solid axle and heavy iron 5.4L block. I decided to look back into the Roush Stage 3 again, but with this IRS soon to hit the market I think I'll build the Cobra that SVT couldn't build. I want an aluminum 4.6L block with a twin-screw at 450+ bhp, and an IRS. Since Ford refuses to build a proper SVT Cobra, it's good to see someone stepping up and designing an IRS for those of us that believe it's a necessary requirement for a well rounded Mustang.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Sweet, an IRS GT500 will probably really be 2 tons of fun!

EDIT- But I must say, with MM stepping up with an IRS setup...now I really should have bought a 05 V6 and stripped it all the way out instead of messing with my 04 cobra.

Last edited:

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Check the corner-carvers.com post referenced above. Sounds like MM may be considering doing the SLA for the SN95/New Edge and Fox as well. Good news. May keep my '01 after all.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
CobraRed01 said:
Check the corner-carvers.com post referenced above. Sounds like MM may be considering doing the SLA for the SN95/New Edge and Fox as well. Good news. May keep my '01 after all.

Hmm, I missed that part. Mabey it's not as bad as I thought in my previous post :rollseyes

Joes66Pony

Dump the SRA
Established Member
Leave it to the aftermarket to do what the OEM's should have done in the first place. I was ready to give up on the S197 platform.....but who knows, this might be worth giving a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread