Snow Boarding and Skiing

MG01GT

Established Member

Snowbird and Solitude were amazing this year. Spent a week there riding. I’m from Cedar City originally so Brain Head used to be the thing but last year it wasn’t great and we skipped it this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG01GT

Established Member
I used to live 10 minutes from Killington. I had an all east pass and would go everyday. Haven’t been riding in probably 10 years now but it was something that truly made me happy.

Hoping to get my kids into it or at least leave them on top of the mountain and make a break for it.

lol gotta get back into man! I love it too though seriously. But I can do with out all the crowds that have been at the mountains lately. It’s been getting pretty packed. But it’s a good way for the kiddos to learn how to turn and brake lol!

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
lol gotta get back into man! I love it too though seriously. But I can do with out all the crowds that have been at the mountains lately. It’s been getting pretty packed. But it’s a good way for the kiddos to learn how to turn and brake lol!

I wish I had the time to get back into it. We have some pretty decent mountains close to us (Gore, Whiteface, etc.) but it’s so damn expensive nowadays. I’m gonna take the kids though and see if they like it.

MG01GT

Established Member
I wish I had the time to get back into it. We have some pretty decent mountains close to us (Gore, Whiteface, etc.) but it’s so damn expensive nowadays. I’m gonna take the kids though and see if they like it.

Dude you ain’t wrong…. It’s so damn expensive!!!! Biggest reason we do the IKON pass cause **** paying 200 bucks for a single day lift pass.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
52fc62aa-21fe-4a97-b41f-255c6126fdf2_text.gif
You know...a handful of years ago i was chillin on the deck of the patrol building trying to grill some food for my boys and this whale wad just finishing her first ever lesson and decided she was and he boyfriend were gonna take the chair to the top...i said to buddy that nothing good is gonna happen to that bitch...

20mins later i get the call.

I ski up the scene and here is 400lbs of non skiing whale with one leg pointing about 90 degrees the wrong way and i said out loud "oh for ****s sake this is party now"

It was me and one othet dude...both of us weighed less togethet than she did trying to load a bitch onto a toboggan that i have the ski infront down the ****in the hill lol...after forevet it seemed i got her leg stable and wr got her on the toboggan.

Imagine me (185lbs) skiing down some sketchy shit with a 100lb toboggan and 400lb whale behind me lol...i was sore for 3 days lol...and i was diggin both skis in and leaning almost parallel to the snow trying to keen that shit from getting away me....and oh my god the moans and screams from ms status dramaticus could be heard for miles

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
This is the toboggan

Its harder than it looks and will wear your ass out

The dude driving is actually the guy that always come to my Mt for our annual ski training as he is onr of the senior trainers in our division...dude is an amazing skier...cool dude

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
This is the toboggan

Its harder than it looks and will wear your ass out

The dude driving is actually the guy that always come to my Mt for our annual ski training as he is onr of the senior trainers in our division...dude is an amazing skier...cool dude
We were required to do that on snowboards. Also all instructors were required to be proficient in lift evacuation. The animosity that volunteer ski patrol had towards all snowboarders and snowboard instructors was palatable. I rolled and totalled a f350 trying to avoid hitting a car that slid through a stop sign, in front of the lodge. A volunteer ski patroller first on the scene was shouting he could smell alcohol. Fellow ski and snowboard instructors extricated me from the truck and took me to my house to clean up. Then I went out to party and go to the police station the next morning. Nothing happened though. That accident and injuries played a part in me meeting my bride of 26 years, so that was good. The comradery on the mountain was great, but to old for that life now!

VegasMichael

Established Member
You know...a handful of years ago i was chillin on the deck of the patrol building trying to grill some food for my boys and this whale wad just finishing her first ever lesson and decided she was and he boyfriend were gonna take the chair to the top...i said to buddy that nothing good is gonna happen to that bitch...

20mins later i get the call.

I ski up the scene and here is 400lbs of non skiing whale with one leg pointing about 90 degrees the wrong way and i said out loud "oh for ****s sake this is party now"

It was me and one othet dude...both of us weighed less togethet than she did trying to load a bitch onto a toboggan that i have the ski infront down the ****in the hill lol...after forevet it seemed i got her leg stable and wr got her on the toboggan.

Imagine me (185lbs) skiing down some sketchy shit with a 100lb toboggan and 400lb whale behind me lol...i was sore for 3 days lol...and i was diggin both skis in and leaning almost parallel to the snow trying to keen that shit from getting away me....and oh my god the moans and screams from ms status dramaticus could be heard for miles
I never did any downhill skiing. I'm pretty sure I'd end up in a wheelchair if I did. Have done a lot of cross country skiing though. When I was a kid we lived a mile from a golf course so in the winter we would go there. It was fun, had plenty of hills too.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Cross country skiing is a awesome, if you're good and have the stamina. Trail day skiing in the woods is a great back to nature experience. Always wanted to set up a winter deep woods camp, just never could convince any females.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
We were required to do that on snowboards. Also all instructors were required to be proficient in lift evacuation. The animosity that volunteer ski patrol had towards all snowboarders and snowboard instructors was palatable. I rolled and totalled a f350 trying to avoid hitting a car that slid through a stop sign, in front of the lodge. A volunteer ski patroller first on the scene was shouting he could smell alcohol. Fellow ski and snowboard instructors extricated me from the truck and took me to my house to clean up. Then I went out to party and go to the police station the next morning. Nothing happened though. That accident and injuries played a part in me meeting my bride of 26 years, so that was good. The comradery on the mountain was great, but to old for that life now!

We have a couple boaders on our patrol...they are good peeps and just just like giving em shit lol.
One actually tele skis a lot too so he really given it back us non tele guys lol

My team always goes out and parties after we are done for the night, and we always bring in a dish to pass etc during the day...the other 2 teams are no fun lol

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
When my kids were young, we told them if they snowboard they have to change their last name.

Props to you ski patrol guys, that is tough work.

We ski Whistler and this year there were a lot of east coasters up there because, as they said, "there's no snow out east".

MG01GT

Established Member
When my kids were young, we told them if they snowboard they have to change their last name.

Props to you ski patrol guys, that is tough work.

We ski Whistler and this year there were a lot of east coasters up there because, as they said, "there's no snow out east".

Gotta go easy on us boarders lol. There was a ton of East people out here this year and they all said the same thing… no snow out there! It’s good that we got what we did, cause I’m sick of all this we are in a drought bullshit!

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Gotta go easy on us boarders lol. There was a ton of East people out here this year and they all said the same thing… no snow out there! It’s good that we got what we did, cause I’m sick of all this we are in a drought bullshit!

Yeah we had shit snoe this year.
We make a ton of it but even that eas tough this year. We ususlly are done makin snow by early jan but not this year

MG01GT

Established Member
990ac5535f050b1c747a3a7cd9cf38a5.jpg

Putting it all away for the summer. Wife is waiting for the local shops to start liquidating gear

Users who are viewing this thread