Snow Tires

hwystr

Established Member
Anyone running P245 or P255-45-17 snow tires on stock rims ? Just wondering if they fit OK on the stock rims, or if I need to buy some 8inch rims.

Steel City

Banned
Originally posted by hwystr
Anyone running P245 or P255-45-17 snow tires on stock rims ? Just wondering if they fit OK on the stock rims, or if I need to buy some 8inch rims.

You don't need to buy any rims, you need to buy a winter car. If you can afford the payment on a $35K mustang you can afford the payment on a beater.

:beer:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Gosh yea, you would pay for the price of a beater just by the money you would save putting it on storage insurance and buying rims and tires.

BillyMac72

Torco Junkie
Established Member
snow tires on a cobra lol thats a good one
here is what i have, i keep my cobra as a secone car cuts the cost of insurance on it and drve a 88 f150 that i paid 2,500 for
just a idae for you to look in to

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Maybe a set of cheapo GT rims. Tirerack has takeoffs available for cheap. You could get a set with Blizzacks on them.
Actually I would get 4, not just two.

I accidentally got stuck in a storm last year man, this car is the pinnacle of uncontrollability, rear was out of control, front was bad too.

This year I got the ultimate SVT COBRA WINTER SNOW setup
park it and drive a modded WRX:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
Originally posted by hwystr

Some people just don't understand that for a variety of reasons a beater isn't always feasible. I am in the same boat as you.

I picked up a used set of chrome bullit rims for $200 and ordered snows from discounttiredirect.

With me if I know it's going to snow I will work from home. If there is a good chance of snow I will leave the Cobra in the garage and take my wife's car and make her stay home.

It's just those ify days that I am worried about where there is a chance of snow, can't work from home on a chance of snow, but may come home to find an inch or two.

I have done a lot of searching and found comments from people that do run snows on their Cobra and they said with 4 good snows it will get you home, just stay out of the boost.

I bought Michellin Alpin VR's for their handling capabilites. I don't want something that's going to drive like shit on those nicer winter days. I haven't switched over yet am waiting as long as I can.

As far as size goes I think mine are 255 40 17's

Good luck

Dan

Steel City

Banned
If you have to buy snow tires and a beater is not feasable for you then get one of the steel wheel and tire packages from tire rack or other. I just get a set with blizaks for my crown vic. $500 delivered to my door mounted and balanced. The skinnier the tire the better for the snow, 245 is not a good size for a snow tire on our cars.

Good Luck!

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
theres a ton of cheap rangers around, if you do drive the cobra I've heard that bridgestone blizzak tires are excellent in the snow. I happened to talk to another 03 owner that lives nearby and he drives his year round. He said he had no problems at all with those tires.

Hey Steel City, GO STEELERS BIG NASTY D

ur bittn

By the snake
Established Member
Man am I glad I live in So Cal, although the fires sucked

Ash everywhere

Users who are viewing this thread