So are you Finally going to buy it ?

trance_in_miami

Established Member
the production has been seen. Will you buy it. ? I still think only an idiot would pay over MSRP: but the price is right for 470 HP :rockon: i guess ill look foward to a AFTERMARKET concept GTR rear bumper
wank.gif

Pony Ride

Established Member
I am sign up #1 at MSRP but I am waiting to find out what the Canadian MSRP is going to be. The difference in the dollar is less than 18% but it always comes out being more. Should know by the 14th of feb.I hope.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
When I can get my friendly Ford GM to accept my x plan & then I'm in, he's been good to me on this in the past so I'm hoping he'll take care of me sooner than making me wait too long.

D.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I'll buy, if my dealer doesn't prevent me

Here's my story. This happened @ 1:00 this afternoon...

Well, my dealer just called me (about 10 min's ago)...returned my call after about a week. No slight to him, he was off for a few days.
He said that I'm still #1 on the list for a convertible (out of 70!), but that the owner can't guarantee that I will get @ sticker. This is a very special car with lower production than expected, he said. So, I told him not to take me off the list yet, but I won't pay over sticker...and that I think he may be surprised at the production numbers when announced. Silence. Yeah, that news made me real happy. Happy Monday.......... :mj: :cuss:

Talk about bait & switch....I got the dealer to start the :cuss: list in the first place in early May 2005!

So.....I will just wait & see what the final production numbers are...and then see if the dealer even thinks (at all)... :fm: :burn:

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Crispy, I feel for you man, I have fear that mine will do the same. Stick to your guns. If he won't sell it, buy it elsewhere and bring it by weekly to remind him that he lost your business.

mrGT

Established Member
crazyhorse,
buy it elsewhere
This late in the game, your statement realistically implies "wait for a year or so"......going somewhere else means going to the back of the list. And as you well know, the dealers selling for MSRP have the longest lists! I know, I've been looking, with no luck. I'm going to have to go with MSRP Plus to get one.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
I'll get mine for under msrp when all the hype dies down. Ford will produce too many of these vehicles just like they did with the previous Cobras. Be patient. History has a way of repeating itself.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
mrGT said:
crazyhorse,
This late in the game, your statement realistically implies "wait for a year or so"......going somewhere else means going to the back of the list. And as you well know, the dealers selling for MSRP have the longest lists! I know, I've been looking, with no luck. I'm going to have to go with MSRP Plus to get one.
I should have clarified the later thing. What I was trying to say was when you can get one at MSRP (a year or whatever), then don't buy it from the guy that wouldn't sell you one. Just make sure he knows it was bought elsewhere. Just another post in my fight against AMV.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
I should have clarified the later thing. What I was trying to say was when you can get one at MSRP (a year or whatever), then don't buy it from the guy that wouldn't sell you one. Just make sure he knows it was bought elsewhere. Just another post in my fight against AMV.

Oh, yeah...you're preachin' to the man on that one! I have 2 other dealers that I have been in dialogue with (they will not do lists), and another, mysterious avenue which I shall not name. :coolman:
Crazyhorse, I will in fact drive the car by more than a few times (if he follows through with ADMU). I have actually purchased cars & done that. It's pretty funny. One time I tried to purchase a 'vert for a friend @ another Ford dealer, and they tried to screw me (salesman: this car is HOT!!!). So when I found her another at a significantly lower price, I swung through the dealership (I had some legitimate excuse), about 3 months later--LATE FALL. And what did I see? The same salesman, standing next to the same 'vert (never sold)!!! So, I slowed down, made eye contact, and asked him...."Hey, is that car hot? Bought this one for $2k less...too bad winter is coming. I guess you'll never sell that load!". The look on his face? Priceless. :lol1:
So...I can be patient. Like a vulture. :banana:

PS- I will let EVERYONE ON THE PLANET know who that dealer is if he sticks with ADMU... :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread