So I came down on Drill Orders...

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Well I report to Relaxin Jackson end of January for Drill School. Hmm well I guess it beats another life cycle and deploying to the Stan for a 3rd time.

Any prior or current Drill's in the house?

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Well I guess youre doing something right

Last edited:

Bloostd

War is Hell...
Established Member
Its not a job for people who have relationships. If your married, you'll be divorced by the end of your tour.

tough choice.

The Suck or trainee's...
I'd rather be tearin down houses than drilling. but its not bad.
Honor gaurd was cool, much different though

AlanSVT

Established Member
Must be that time of year. My buddy just came down on order for drill too. LOL I am not sure when he is suppose to report though. Ill have to ask him.

Alan

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
good ol jackson. I worked as a civilian ammo tech down there for a couple of years. (guy on the ammo truck) it was a good time but could defiantly see why the place was called laxin jackson, especially since I came there right after I got out of the Marines. but it was still a good time.

OP you will be shocked at how much they handicap you drill sgt's. those kids get away with murder.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
good ol jackson. I worked as a civilian ammo tech down there for a couple of years. (guy on the ammo truck) it was a good time but could defiantly see why the place was called laxin jackson, especially since I came there right after I got out of the Marines. but it was still a good time.

OP you will be shocked at how much they handicap you drill sgt's. those kids get away with murder.

Hah yah I'm just doing drill school there, I'll be drill in Ft.Benning..Infantry school is alittle different. You still get handicaped but not as bad...atleast from I have been told. I know I sure as hell didn't get away with much when I went to basic there.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Hah yah I'm just doing drill school there, I'll be drill in Ft.Benning..Infantry school is alittle different. You still get handicaped but not as bad...atleast from I have been told. I know I sure as hell didn't get away with much when I went to basic there.

I hear they give em stress cards now, lol.

I have 2 good friends that are Drills, one was a Recruiter and said that being a Recruiter was the shittiest gig hes had. He likes being on the trail, he made E-7 fairly fast as well.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member

ya that was the same thing I was told from the rest of the soldiers there. infantry was defiantly a much stricter place. good luck to you:beer:

GT500EA

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
Is this Tim Eagle from 2-87 at Ft. Drum???? It's Erik Andresen, the one that used to have the Black 04 Mach 1......I traded her in for a Black 03 Cobra. Wish you were going to be around to see her.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
Is this Tim Eagle from 2-87 at Ft. Drum???? It's Erik Andresen, the one that used to have the Black 04 Mach 1......I traded her in for a Black 03 Cobra. Wish you were going to be around to see her.

Yep it is brother! What's up man, I'll be in drum until October so I'm sure I'll see it around.

tankerman1981

Established Member
DS work LONG LONG hrs for the first few weeks and it gets better and better with each week until graduation... and once you get a few cycles under your belt its not soo bad

NXSVTCOBRA

Its not a job for people who have relationships. If your married, you'll be divorced by the end of your tour.

tough choice.

The Suck or trainee's...
I'd rather be tearin down houses than drilling. but its not bad.
Honor gaurd was cool, much different though

this is the biggest crock of shit ever, if someone married a woman or man that doesn't understand the nature of the job. It's their own fault.

eagle24 said:
While I wasn't ever a drill I have been stationed in OSUT units at Fort Knox back in the days. The first week or two of a cycle you put in lots of hours, after that you're on a rotating shift. I read that you'll be coming here to Fort Benning, a good friend of mine and old roommate is on Sand Hill as a drill, he goes in 5-6 days a week and out of that time he stays overnight one night every other week.

I had fun in all of the OSUT units I was in, there was only one Drill SGT that I have met that didn't like his job, plain and simple he's just one of those all around unhappy people that will complain about everything.

By the time you get to Fort Benning the Armor school will be here. Depending on what unit you go to we may cross paths, I've been offered a job as a trainer. I applied and got it but not sure if I'm going to take it. It will be a pay cut but I love interacting with soldiers.

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
this is the biggest crock of shit ever, if someone married a woman or man that doesn't understand the nature of the job. It's their own fault.

While I wasn't ever a drill I have been stationed in OSUT units at Fort Knox back in the days. The first week or two of a cycle you put in lots of hours, after that you're on a rotating shift. I read that you'll be coming here to Fort Benning, a good friend of mine and old roommate is on Sand Hill as a drill, he goes in 5-6 days a week and out of that time he stays overnight one night every other week.

I had fun in all of the OSUT units I was in, there was only one Drill SGT that I have met that didn't like his job, plain and simple he's just one of those all around unhappy people that will complain about everything.

By the time you get to Fort Benning the Armor school will be here. Depending on what unit you go to we may cross paths, I've been offered a job as a trainer. I applied and got it but not sure if I'm going to take it. It will be a pay cut but I love interacting with soldiers.

That's awsome man, hope we cross path's for sure. And everyone I have asked that was prior drill all say the same, first couple weeks were rough, but in the end they actually did enjoy the job.

Users who are viewing this thread