So I got drunk n tore down a stop sign

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
So my buddy n I were walking back from the parties n were straight hammered. At least we were walking, left my car there. Anyways we stupidly broke a stop sign off at the bottom of the post while the cops watched us apparently. So they arrested us and interrogated us kinda and charged us with a misdemeanor and just for the sign. Glad they were nice enough to cut us a break on the whole drinking thing because we were so cooperative. The sign wasn't at a busy intersection or anything but I do realize how dumb it was

Anywho, ticket says we broke local ordinance chapter 14 act 3 sec./par. 4 in Carbondale Illinois. I'm in college n pretty much broke so trying to find the price for this ticket with my court date on the 17th. Thanks for any help

Sincerely,
Dumb college kid
Preston

Ps. Grammar Nazis at bay, type from my iPhone

back in my dorm and heres what the ticket says in the description box thingy

"Damage to property in that the above without lawful justification damaged a stop sign at (streetname) and (streetname). The sign post was broke off near the ground."

Last edited:

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
do you really? Renfro and Freeman right outside quatros, place is lit up like crazy (dont know what the hell we were thinking). Go look at it, its anchored in cement. Im impressed we manged it too, its all bent and skewed now haha. Not proud of it but shit happens i guess. Im in abbott hall, where you staying?

Last edited:

sikcobra03

Established Member
HAHAHA! You sure your not in the military? We do stupid drunk shit like that ALL the time. Anyways, it's impressive you were able to break it, those things are pretty sturdy. Lol. Well, good luck with everything.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
actually im in ROTC, nothing special yet. Working on getting into aviation. Was going to enlist and volunteer but want to get my schooling done too, funny you would say that haha

redstang98

slooooooow
Established Member
do you really? Renfro and Freeman right outside quatros, place is lit up like crazy (dont know what the hell we were thinking). Go look at it, its anchored in cement. Im impressed we manged it too, its all bent and skewed now haha. Not proud of it but shit happens i guess. Im in abbott hall, where you staying?

I'll have to check it out this weekend. I'm in one of the townhouses in Aspen Court. To bad nobody got that on video:D A couple weeks ago some teeks that live a few houses down ripped a tree out of the ground. pretty entertaining

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member

I bet u post pics of huge car wrecks on street racing vids n such right? I know it was dumb and already said that. If u ever post something I'll be sure to post pics of the worst case scenario. If people don't know to stop at a three way intersection they prolly shouldn't have their license neways.

Anyways, thats insane man. A tree! U got ur gt down here? My cobras back home n I have a jeep here for the weather

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Actually should an accident happen there and someone is killed you could be facing manslaughter charges.

I bet u post pics of huge car wrecks on street racing vids n such right? I know it was dumb and already said that. If u ever post something I'll be sure to post pics of the worst case scenario. If people don't know to stop at a three way intersection they prolly shouldn't have their license neways.

Anyways, thats insane man. A tree! U got ur gt down here? My cobras back home n I have a jeep here for the weather

HomeboyNorm

Established Member
^ +1. Be glad it didn't happen, and chalk it up as a lesson learned not to do it ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

redstang98

slooooooow
Established Member

It wasn't a very big tree though. Yea I have the mustang down here, it's my only car. What kind of jeep do you have? I may have seen it before.

MuscleOwnzRice

Words that make me cool
Established Member
its a white 95 jeep cherokee with goldish trim on it, the pin stripe is gold for sure though. Im pretty sure ive seen your car before, might be mistaken though. This weekend I will be at Dale's so maybe Ill see you, ill be one of the three with a "Security" hat on

jshen

Established Member
If possible I would pay ticket off immediately. If you go to court Judge will find out that you were drinking, acting like a fool and hammer you. We don't see college "pranks" as such and have no sense of humor for things like this. Were this in my area- that act would be a felony for which you could get 1-5 years..and you would get hammered..and yes if someone get's hurt there before sign replaced, there could be an arrest warrant waiting on you.

Users who are viewing this thread