So I need some fuel system advice

specizripn

Established Member
Ok so my current mods are steeda 2.8 pulley w/ idler, jlt ram air intake and a bassani cat-back. Next I want to get some long tubes, mid pipe, and get my blower & throttle body ported. This means I will need to upgrade my fuel system. Now I want to get a Kenne Bell eventually, so I don't want to buy the fuel system upgrades for the port and then have to buy more stuff for the KB, I want to get something that will work for both. First, will a KB boost a pump be strong enough to support a 2.8KB or will I need new fuel pumps entirely? If so, will I want a 20 or 40 amp boost a pump? Also, what sized injectors would be ideal. I was thinking if I know I will eventually be going KB then maybe 80 lb injectors would be necessary, but would they be too big for my ported application? Anyone have size/brand recommendations? Thanks guys :burnout:

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
If you get a BAP you can always use it with bigger pumps later unless you go return style. If your tuner is able to tune 80's go with them.

specizripn

Established Member
My tuner said he absolutely hates 80s. I think I'll be going with ID 1000cc injectors and twin Ford GT pumps. Should give me plenty of fuel and safety.

Users who are viewing this thread