So, I took my Cobra to the dealership.. and $$$

EvanStang

the "Hit Man"
Established Member
I had a flat front tire, pulled the tire and the inside tire had wear, the tires had about 20,000 miles on it, I only keep the tires on the front of the car. I buy two new front tires and then decide to take my car in for a 4 wheel alignment at the Ford Dealership, since the front tire wear was uneven.

The dealership told me that they believed my front wheel bearings were going bad. My car only has 24,000 miles. The mechanic said he felt play and that's why my tire had uneven wear. I couldn't feel any play, but I'm not mechanic. Well, since I just bought new tires and I let them replace both bearings and align. $380.00 was the total cost...

Do you think I replacing the wheel bearings was a good idea, or was the dealership just trying to make more money.... Any thoughts? Has anyone else had problems with their front wheel bearings?

Juruense

Banned
The front bearing hub assemblies fail all the time its a common problem. I had to replace both sides on my 01 GT.

Silverboost

Established Member
both front wheel hubs run about 55 a piece and the alignment probably cost around 80 or so. you definitely could have done it cheaper than what ford would charge.

Users who are viewing this thread