So.MD area L owners

DR.D

Established Member
Hey. I live in So. Maryland by the Patuxent Naval Air Station and Calvert Cliffs Nuke Power PLant (where I work-get me outa here!)
Any 2k+1 Lightniing owners out this way that can also use a computer?

DR.D

Established Member
race day

Do you race yours? (on the track, say MIR) i have a Blk stock 01 and plan on a K&N and JDM chip, probably no more at this time. As a matter of fact, I probably won't do those 'til next March when I get my annual b/s bonus from Culvert Cliffs cheapo power plant. I could still get a base line. I just want to wait til I get some minor problems fixed and get some break in time. It's a month old. What are the requirements to race factory stock nowadays. Need helmet and what else-anything?
BTW, glad to hear from someone local.

Last edited:

DR.D

Established Member
I raced at Capitol before. I had a 12 second 340 Demon in the mid 70s. I also raced at MIR. I have no preference. If we get enough guys with Ls at either place I would be glad to cruise out and meet everyone. Capitol is a bit farther but wherever the majority goes. I don't know about any tune up nite or anything but I'll ask some guys I know that raced there (MIR) recently. Does Capitol have a T/U nite?

Last edited:

DR.D

Established Member
JDM

JJ, how ya like the JDM chip? Easy to install? Does it make power you feel? Does it change octane requirements.. blah blah. Is it worth it? That's the one I've been looking at. So you got white. Good for you. Wish I did. I like all of 'em but I think white and silver would be the easiest to maintain. Black is a P.I.T.A.! Mine sits up higher in the rear than others I've seen. Wonder if they put in wrong springs or something. I'll check to see how many of the few L owners I know want to go out to Capitol. I don't mind. They might.

DR.D

Established Member
race nite

I have to finish up a college programming class( Java, what a b--ch) I'll stay in touch. Talked to my wife and she thinks it's a great idea. So it'll happen.
BTW do I need a loop? Thing L is a month old so it's got nothing on it yet. If I do it'll take a little longer for me to hook up with ya.

93+octane!! Time for second job. I see you have a daily driver. I have an Ovarian Van (Dodge Caravan) a real bullet. I hate driving it but that's the spare vehicle. Makes me feel like a dork. Sure makes you appreciate the L. High octane is about 1.85 gal here. Price you pay to play, i guess. At least I know what to expect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread