So, my ignition is toasted

ChuckV

Established Member
Brought my car in today to have my misfire diagnosed. Coil on #5 is shot, and there's a fundamental issue with my ignition system causing general "Catastrophic" misfire.

????? Anyone have ANY idea what might have blown my car up. I bought it CPO a couple weeks ago. No lightning strikes or flooding since I've gotten it :-(

ChuckV

Established Member
No chance of the PCM deciding to hate me out of no where then? Hmmmm... I'll update tomorrow when I talk to them some more.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ChuckV said:
Brought my car in today to have my misfire diagnosed. Coil on #5 is shot, and there's a fundamental issue with my ignition system causing general "Catastrophic" misfire.

????? Anyone have ANY idea what might have blown my car up. I bought it CPO a couple weeks ago. No lightning strikes or flooding since I've gotten it :-(

I'm willing to bet that #5 coil and a possible fouled #5 plug...

Are the only problem...

General catastrophic misfire I have yet to see... :bs:

Fortunately our coils fail much less than the SOHC coils...
But it does happen ...

Jimmy :shrug:

ChuckV

Established Member
THey ended up replacing EVERYTHING. After they fixed the #5 coil and plug, there was still a misfire, so they replaced the whole shooting match. Exact cause, unknown.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
ChuckV said:
THey ended up replacing EVERYTHING. After they fixed the #5 coil and plug, there was still a misfire, so they replaced the whole shooting match. Exact cause, unknown.

Hopefully this was a covered repair.....the big---> W

Yes???

"there was still a misfire, so they replaced the whole shooting match. Exact cause, unknown."--------- SUN SPOTS???

Glad it worked out and was resolved...

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread