So what can I do to aid traction??

shocker 420

Established Member
I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass but...... cheapest way would be to just... DON'T give it as much gas, I don't know if it would work, but you could try it!

I don't know.... ask some of the guys who have as much or more horsepower than you.

SICKBOY

Established Member
DR's and throttle control...could help...or so I hear

Last edited:

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
shocker 420 said:
I don't mean to sound like a smart-ass but...... cheapest way would be to just... DON'T give it as much gas, I don't know if it would work, but you could try it!

I don't know.... ask some of the guys who have as much or more horsepower than you.

Very hard to feather the throttle when you've got another fast car sitting next to you who launches like a mofo and leaves you behind.

SICKBOY

Established Member
StoplightWarrior said:
Very hard to feather the throttle when you've got another fast car sitting next to you who launches like a mofo and leaves you behind.

I agree. But the sweetest part about that is the hook reel and pass.. Let them think they bagged it and than slaughter em...

StoplightWarrior

Established Member
SICKBOY said:
I agree. But the sweetest part about that is the hook reel and pass.. Let them think they bagged it and than slaughter em...

Yea...that's nice to do against maybe a 14sec car but when you're racing a 12sec car like a Vette, STi, etc, you can't let em get too far ahead or else you're toast...especially on the streets when I'm not going to do more than 90-100 anyway. :(

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Mickey Thompson Drag radials - Hands down the best tire I have EVER owned. They seem to be lasting longer than I suspected also. Over 3,000 hard miles on them and plenty of tread left.

SICKBOY

Established Member
StoplightWarrior said:
Yea...that's nice to do against maybe a 14sec car but when you're racing a 12sec car like a Vette, STi, etc, you can't let em get too far ahead or else you're toast...especially on the streets when I'm not going to do more than 90-100 anyway. :(

RIGHT...this is where the throttle control...aids traction...you can leave decent without spinning the piss outta em...granted I have yet to master the art every time...but more often than not you can get the Dr's to bite...your halfshafts don't want you to pull a 5k dump while your racing your "12 second" cars on sticky tires..granted this is my opinion.. I ran kumhos' on a light bolt on LS1 and they spun like it was their job...I can only imagine on a 500rwhp snake :poke: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread