SoCal Tuning Shops?

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
I'm installing my P1SC real soon on my '01 Bullitt, and I'm looking for some good tuning shops in the area. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I live in the SFV btw.

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
I heard a lot of great stuff about them, but mainly for 4vs. What's their rep like around the 2v community?

SVT10TH#1721

Established Member
RET in Downey

Swanson in Torrance

Steve at Powertrain in Huntington Beach

St Motorsports

Extreme Automotive in Canoga Park

These are the more known tunners in SoCal hope it helps.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Steve at Powertrain tuned my Term. last week and did a good job. A solid guy and very experienced. I made an Appt. and he was waiting for me to pull it in on the Dyno

Enorbit3

Established Member
GTR hi performance in rancho. B&D in the valley. i posted in ur thread on lethalstangs.com

Ray Lucca

Established Member
465 RWHP and 445 RWTQ on a Dyno-jet, and 1600 miles on the new Ford motor. . The shop was 78 degrees. 2.81 Pulley and Idler, Steeda Cold-Air and a JBA Catback. Not bad...

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
I think I'm starting to lean more towards Danny Swanson's side. I was so excited to go to RET until something happened to my friend's car not a week after getting it "tuned" there. Not going tell a long story, because I'm sure Greg does amazing work on 4 valves, but I honestly can't find anything in regards to 2 vales. Besides, I heard Greg has been tuning for about four years, whereas Danny has been tuning for about fourteen.

DisposableHero

Established Member
I think I'm starting to lean more towards Danny Swanson's side. I was so excited to go to RET until something happened to my friend's car not a week after getting it "tuned" there. Not going tell a long story, because I'm sure Greg does amazing work on 4 valves, but I honestly can't find anything in regards to 2 vales. Besides, I heard Greg has been tuning for about four years, whereas Danny has been tuning for about fourteen.

wow.. anyone but swanson!

I went there first 4 years ago and they said my injectors were messed up, when i found out a year later i just needed new O2 sensors.

Last edited:

JeromeMach1

Established Member
I had Danny tune a couple of my cars before I knew any better. The last time I went to him he tyned the car too lean 13.2:1 which required timing to be pulled to prevent the car from pinging. I then took my car to Greg. He added fuel and timing (common sense stuff) and I left his shop making more hp/tq on a safer tune.

I am the type that likes to interact with the tuner. I have a fair understanding of what timing and A/F settings I want. Greg will communicate with me during the tuning session. He explains why he is doing something, and tells me when my opinion is wrong. Danny will not even talk to you.

Bottom line, RET over Swanson for me.

Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread