socialized medicine

wally9404

Established Member
what does everyone think of this topic that will be high on the agenda for the new democratic president in o9? i personally believe everyone should have some form of free medical along with prescription drug's.

Adam.L.

Established Member
I've got a good job, with good benefits, and I sure as hell don't want to pay everyone else's health care costs. Anyone can achieve what I have - socialized health care is not necessary.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I don't have six kids and I actually work hard. I don't need it.

TheGord

Texas Proud
Established Member
American medicine is the best in world in regards to practice and research. Why would you want to F that up with bs like socialized medicine. Take a look at the countries that have socialized medicine and then decide if we want that for our doctors and patients

wally9404

Established Member
SNCBOOM said:
I don't have six kids and I actually work hard. I don't need it.
it's not about ME! some people born into poverty will never escape that way of life! i know work hard and you can be anything you want in this country! B/S! i am sure most people on this board know it is tough making end's meet from week to week. the poor and homeless need some help and i think we owe it to them to make a healthier life for them and their children.where are all the compassionate christan's on this board? i like how you denied the minimum wage increase to the less fortunate ,seven years without a raise! let's get behind the new congress and president and tell them we support this measure.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
wally9404 said:
it's not about ME! some people born into poverty will never escape that way of life! i know work hard and you can be anything you want in this country! B/S! i am sure most people on this board know it is tough making end's meet from week to week. the poor and homeless need some help and i think we owe it to them to make a healthier life for them and their children.where are all the compassionate christan's on this board? i like how you denied the minimum wage increase to the less fortunate ,seven years without a raise! let's get behind the new congress and president and tell them we support this measure.

you clearly don't know much about the american health system. go to any E.R. located near a major city, and you will find nothing but people without health insurance there. they don't pay their medical bills either, and as long as they sign up for medicaid, or some other type of hospital assistance pay program, they pay less than you or i would for an ER visit. furthermore, they are not denied elective treatments either. i could put a $15,000 hip replacement in any crackhead off the street, and they will likely pay almost nothing out of their hospital bill--the government reimburses our hospital to do charity care, and you and i pay for this through taxes.

there is nothing wrong with the health care system, aside from the fact that doctors don't make enough money. period, the end

SNCBOOM

Established Member
wally9404 said:

I realize that. I doubt socialized medication would fix the underlying problem though, that there are a lot of lazy people taking advantage of programs like this. I know some people are born into poverty, that's why instead of giving them medical assistance we should invest more into education and job training. Nothing is free, you have to work for it. Also...a minimum wage increase would have most likely just caused disemployment. If you're not aware unemployment has been pretty good lately at 4.5% although it has currently risen to 4.6%. I don't count on the government for anything even though spend almost half of our budget on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

roadracer247

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
there is nothing wrong with the health care system, aside from the fact that doctors don't make enough money. period, the end

Is it they don't make enough money or they have to pay sooo much in malpractice insurance and things of that sort, that it drains their wallets? Either way, most doctors I've known through family members don't seem to have a hard time paying for things in their day to day lives...such as big homes, nice cars, and some impressive vacations...

Jemplayer

Established Member
wally9404 said:
it's not about ME! some people born into poverty will never escape that way of life!

Thats complete crap. I can find anybody a job with great pay and benefits as long as they have a GED and can pass a drug screen. The offshore industry is in a major personal shortage and as a deckhand I was making 46k. If I had just wanted to stay a deckhand I would have gotten my AB and would be making 68k. To get your AB you just have to go to a week long class and not fall asleep. Its people like you telling them they will never be anything that keeps them there.

the poor and homeless need some help and i think we owe it to them to make a healthier life for them and their children.

We do it's called Medicade.

i like how you denied the minimum wage increase to the less fortunate ,seven years without a raise!
Obviously you know nothing about economics and inflation. So let me break it down for you. We raise the minimum wage, business just raise their prices to keep the same profit margins. Now I'm having to go ask for a raise to keep my standard of living up, and BAM were back were we started.

Instead of giving people hand outs why don't we focus on education. I think a better educated population with free college would solve a lot of these problems.

Last edited:

wally9404

Established Member
kirks5oh said:
you clearly don't know much about the american health system. go to any E.R. located near a major city, and you will find nothing but people without health insurance there. they don't pay their medical bills either, and as long as they sign up for medicaid, or some other type of hospital assistance pay program, they pay less than you or i would for an ER visit. furthermore, they are not denied elective treatments either. i could put a $15,000 hip replacement in any crackhead off the street, and they will likely pay almost nothing out of their hospital bill--the government reimburses our hospital to do charity care, and you and i pay for this through taxes.

yeah! go to any er and get treatment ,then the hospital starts their collection process,first they work you over then they turn you over to a collection company! if they can squeeze a dime out of you they will!

Unoid

Established Member
I suggest we overhaul the current system to stop giving poor ppl dialysis.

1500$ per treatment 3x a week. + ambulance for ppl who can't walk etc.

let them die.

wally9404

Established Member
Jemplayer said:
Thats complete crap. I can find anybody a job with great pay and benefits as long as they have a GED and can pass a drug screen. The offshore industry is in a major personal shortage and as a deckhand I was making 46k. If I had just wanted to stay a deckhand I would have gotten my AB and would be making 68k. To get your AB you just have to go to a week long class and not fall asleep. Its people like you telling them they will never be anything that keeps them there.

We do it's called Medicade.

Obviously you know nothing about economics and inflation. So let me break it down for you. We raise the minimum wage, business just raise their prices to keep the same profit margins. Now I'm having to go ask for a raise to keep my standard of living up, and BAM were back were we started.

Instead of giving people hand outs why don't we focus on education. I think a better educated population with free college would solve a lot of these problems.
here is a guy making 46 thousand a year and admits people don't deserve a minimum wage increase.you fail economics!!!

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Unoid said:
I suggest we overhaul the current system to stop giving poor ppl dialysis.

1500$ per treatment 3x a week. + ambulance for ppl who can't walk etc.

let them die.

Dialysis does NOT cost $1500 per treatment.

Medicare reimbursement is $130/treatment.

Users who are viewing this thread