Soft pedal after New brake pads, rotors, and SS lines - WTF!

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
If you're running enough fluid through it, then you're not getting 'air working itself up the line'

If you get all the air out, you don't have to 'wait' for anything.

Pressure knows only one direction - OUT.

The PBR two-pot caliper floats and as such CANNOT offer a rock hard pedal under ANY circumstances that doesn't include blockage in the system.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
+1 on master cylinder bleed.

I got the cobra R kit installed on my car a couple weeks ago. They bled the brakes, but as I was driving away, I found it was a mushy pedal as well. Then I remembered someone on here saying something about making sure they bled the master cylinder. Took the car back and insisted they do it (even though they said it didn't seem necessary). Drove away and HUGE noticeable difference immediately. Very solid pedal feel - problem solved.

Glenn_03Cobra

Wake the Snake
Established Member
If you're running enough fluid through it, then you're not getting 'air working itself up the line'

If you get all the air out, you don't have to 'wait' for anything.

Pressure knows only one direction - OUT.

The PBR two-pot caliper floats and as such CANNOT offer a rock hard pedal under ANY circumstances that doesn't include blockage in the system.

The dealer found that the ACU had air in it, which they resolved. However, I later found that the hydroboost was sticking. Both issues are now resolved and I DO have a solid pedal now. Much better then when I bought the car 10,000 miles ago.

It's strange going from the '07 GT to the Cobra. One is normal and one throws you through the windshield. A major thanks goes out to Blind... thanks for being there for me!

Users who are viewing this thread