SOHC Nitrous Users

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
This question is for all the GT nitrous users out there spraying on the stock shortblock. What's the largest shot anyone has run SAFELY on the stock engine? This is just a curiousity question, I'm not looking to push the limits of my motor by any means.

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
125 is fine, its more or less the total rwhp w/your mods.. I wouldn't go much over 420-425rwhp...I've had 160 shot for awhile no problem...

two-gun kid

Legion 510
Established Member
my friend was using a 175 shot with a nx wet kit on his stock 99 gt with only fuel upgrades and stock everything else and he used it for a while then the engine blew both headgaskets and 1 of the pistons fubar'd.

stellar591

BlackChrome Saleens FTMFW
Established Member
whitestang04GT said:
125 is fine, its more or less the total rwhp w/your mods.. I wouldn't go much over 420-425rwhp...I've had 160 shot for awhile no problem...

I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Your saying that a larger shot can be ran on a bone stock engine vs. a full bolt-on engine? Assuming the tune for both these combos are equally safe.

firemedic

EH!
Established Member
I have been running a 150 shot on the wifes 2000 Vert. Car was dyno tuned to ensure a safe A/F.

The tune is a very important thing, as are the other supporting safety mods like a FPSS and window switch.

Again, remember running any power adder can potentially shorten the service life of your motor, as compared to a stocker. But then again, that is what we choose to do!

whitestang04GT

I Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
stellar591 said:
I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Your saying that a larger shot can be ran on a bone stock engine vs. a full bolt-on engine? Assuming the tune for both these combos are equally safe.
I've had 160shot for a 1 1/2 at least...A good safe tune & alot of fuel...Your HP "will" vary with bottle pressure...First time I dynoed it was very low at 850psi, the next time I did it at 950psi & it gained 75lbs of torque...There are "Many" variables with NOS....Youde be safe at 400-425rwhp, whatever size shot that makes "your" setup make that power number..Good Luck...I'm just pushing the envelope..As soon as my motor is ready...175 shot, & if it holds that, I may up it at the track one time...

Users who are viewing this thread