Sold my 2011 GT 5.0

mus99gt

Established Member
Just sold my GT to Carmax. I am getting a 2012 Shelby GT500 that is black with silver stripes!! :banana:

Hopefully going to pick it up Tues or Wed next week. Finance is all in order all ready. Just need to wait for Carmax check to be available and send cashier check to finance company.

I am so excited!!!

I enjoyed this car, but my finances worked out that I can upgrade to the Shelby!!

BOD89LX

Established Member
Congrats on the GT 500, why didnt you just trade in you 5.0 on the GT500, in most states you only pay sales tax on the trade differance.

mus99gt

Established Member
I am going to lease this one using my own lease company other than Ford. Works out better for me in the long run. Also I am buying under X-Plan.

I had 2 dealerships that did not want it once I said X-Plan and leasing it.
I also wanted the NAV system and nothing else. Could only find one near me. Both dealerships said they could not transfer a X-plan vehicle which I thought was strange. Dealers are over 100 miles apart and I never said it to them.

Carmax gave me what one of the dealers offered me so it is ok to me.

BOD89LX

Established Member
Make sense. I know Ford messed up on my 5.0 order and offered my D plan on the GT500 and the dealer had to trade for it so I say that dealer may not have wanted to mess with it for a x plan purchase. I get mine tomorrow when do you get yours?

I am going to lease this one using my own lease company other than Ford. Works out better for me in the long run. Also I am buying under X-Plan.

I had 2 dealerships that did not want it once I said X-Plan and leasing it.
I also wanted the NAV system and nothing else. Could only find one near me. Both dealerships said they could not transfer a X-plan vehicle which I thought was strange. Dealers are over 100 miles apart and I never said it to them.

Carmax gave me what one of the dealers offered me so it is ok to me.

mus99gt

Established Member
Make sense. I know Ford messed up on my 5.0 order and offered my D plan on the GT500 and the dealer had to trade for it so I say that dealer may not have wanted to mess with it for a x plan purchase. I get mine tomorrow when do you get yours?

Hopefully Tuesday or Wednesday. They are supposed to Fedex me the paperwork tomorrow or Monday and I will send it back same day!! I wanted it on Saturday, but I don't see it happening. :(

Users who are viewing this thread