*Soldier, Springs, and Spacers*

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Need some help here, Guys. I have been searching most of the day here on SVT Performance for my buddy who is currently in Afghanistan. He will be coming home in a couple of weeks, and wants to spend some of his hard earned cash on his 2001 Cobra vert. He wants to do gears (4.10's), tune (Xcal 3), Springs (wanted a 2" drop), caster camber plates (MM), and a light bar (CDC).

The car already came with a few mods. Steeda CAI, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Steeda clutch quadrant/cable, fidanza aluminum flywheel, aftermarket clutch (cant remember name right now), bilstein shocks, and weld in flowmasters.

After my research I still have a few more questions. Hopefully you will be able to help us out.

Spring Question...
1. He is looking for a two inch drop, or as close to it as he can get. He was really wanting Sportlines or H & R Super Sports. I have looked online (Maximum Motorsports, and American Muscle, etc.) and cannot find anything even close to a two inch drop for a Cobra Convertible. What springs would you recomend to get him as close to two inches as possible? And where do you suggest I can get them?

Wheel Spacer Question...
1. We will be lowering the car on the stock wheels and tires for the moment, and would like to push the wheels further out. I know that the wheel spacer needs to be hub centric. What wheel spacers do you suggest to bring the stock wheels flush with the fenders? What size? And where do you suggest that I get them from? He does not want to replace lugs.

Thanks for all the help. And sorry for the long read!
Jason.

99Cobra_vert

Established Member
Intrax springs might get you the 2" drop your buddy needs. They can be found on-line at Summit Racing here in Ohio. They're a bit too low for my taste, but I think the drop is right around 2".

More importantly, pass on my thanks to your buddy for kicking some ass and serving our country!

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
I will pass the message along. He is definately kicking some rear over there. His truck was hit with an IED the other day. He is okay, pissed off, but okay.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
All the STEEDA stuff is good except the cable.
Use an OE cable, STEEDA quadrant and a firewall adjuster.

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
I've got 1" Eibach spacers on my stock wheels. I wouldn't say that the rears are flush w/the fenders, but they're very close to how the fronts look w/o spacers.

boduke0220

Established Member
heres my Old GT with the H&R SS's with no iso's at all

C1moto034-1.jpg

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Boduke, the problem that I am running into with the springs is that for an IRS Convertible Cobra, Eibach nor H & R sell anything more than a 1.5 inch drop. Even with the iso's pulled that still only brings us to 1.6 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread