Solid Axle Gurus' Enter!

Wallace7666

Established Member
Hey guys, need a little input on my setup. Its an 8.8" with 31 spline shafts and 3.73 gears. Everything else is stock. Wondering if I can get some advice on what sort or components I can add to give a little more support and maybe a little bit better ride. Im swapping out my lower control arms for a tubular set up. I was also thinking about adding a sway-bar since the previous owner didnt have one, any advice on this? I know I need a panhard bar since my axle is shifted about 1/4 of an inch off center from when I lowered it (I believe), will that also act as a brace? Im relatively new to the whole performance oriented axles as I came from Jeeps (build em and break em). Any input on what you guys think would work for me would be greatly appreciated. Also, my car will be at about 550 hp and same torque (hopefully) once its done. And the axle is out right now because i was swapping to 3.73.

20140710_194526_zps32613586.jpg

axle_zpsd2afa32a.jpg

axle3_zpsfd0cec62.jpg

my92gt

Established Member
Get those bilsteins out from under there(if they are the stock IRS shocks) and install some strange adjustable units.

Wallace7666

Established Member
They are the stock units and the ride like complete sh**. Should I go with adjustable shocks or go straight to coilovers?

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
You don't need a pan hard bar with a triangulated 4 bar. All a pan hard bar does is center the axle left to right, and that is what the upper control arms. If the axle is shifted something is bent or wore out.

Wallace7666

Established Member
I never thought about that, Im replacing my LCA hopefully that solves the issue. I read that a PHB will really help in cornering though, keeping the axle from shifting side to side. Is it not worth it?

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
What control arms do you have on there? By the looks of it they appear to be those garbage SVE/Ebay control arms, if they are GET RID OF THEM.

Users who are viewing this thread