Solid axle swap brake question

Jmurrz

Established Member
Okay before anyone asks I have searched all over and cant seem to find anything else about what to do about my rear brakes. I know that I would like to keep my current calipers, pads, rotors, and anything else I can retain (I went a bit overboard on parts for the solid so I am trying to conserve where I can). I do not want to swap to GT brakes.

My question is what are you guys doing to swap over everything from your IRS to Solid while retaining your cobra equipment now that Ford has discontinued the brake caliper bracket mounts F4ZZ-2C101-B and F4ZZ-2C100-B? Does anyone know where I could buy the brackets?

Thanks in advance!

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Advancedautoparts sells the brackets don't forget the brake lines they are different from irs to solid axle ebrake cables are also different but I know my solid axle ebrake cables fit my irs. If I'm not mistaken the rear brakes are the same on irs and the solid axles with the cobra rear brakes.

Last edited:

Jmurrz

Established Member
Advancedautoparts sells the brackets don't forget the brake lines they are different from irs to solid axle ebrake cables are also different but I know my solid axle ebrake cables fit my irs. If I'm not mistaken the rear brakes are the same on irs and the solid axles with the cobra rear brakes.

I looked and I cant seem to find them, can anyone put a link to what I need?

Jmurrz

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread