Some clips/pics of my M3.

modthispny

Established Member
I know this is a SVT forum, but I posted here alot when I had my Mustang GT, so I figure it shouldn't be a big problem.

3zrpzk3.jpg

Here is a little clip of me doing a 15-70 run or so. I checked the street beforehand, no kids were playing and as you can see, it's pretty deserted.

http://media.putfile.com/m3-53

Here is a video of me racing my friends bone stock 07 335i, 6MT. Those cars are very quick, and with a few bolt-ons, they are going to be pushing the 350whp range. Stock they dyno about 290 to the wheels, and bmw advertises it at 300 to the crank. Talk about underrated.

BTW, my car is 6mt also.

http://media.putfile.com/m3-vs-335i

modthispny

Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
very nice....I love the M3s...my friend had a black one that I drove and fell in LOVE with. Too bad they cost so damn much to mod...:(

Yup. If you go with Borla, its not too bad, about 1200 can get you an entire catback. But if you go with a european brand, the muffler itself alone is like 1500+. Add the mid-pipes, and your looking at like 2200+ for a catback.

Im thinking of getting 2 resonators tho, to get rid of the infamous rasp. The car sounds much nicer w/our the rasp as you can actually hear the engine when you floor it.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
yea...my friend's had some exhaust. I've heard a M5 and M6(the g/f said I can buy her one...LOL) get on the throttle and I really do love both those machines. If only they weren't so expensive.

Almo

Established Member
modthispny said:
Here is a video of me racing my friends bone stock 07 335i, 6MT. Those cars are very quick, and with a few bolt-ons, they are going to be pushing the 350whp range. Stock they dyno about 290 to the wheels, and bmw advertises it at 300 to the crank. Talk about underrated.

Just wait until someone like Dinan reroutes boost to all 6 cylinders instead of just 3. That, a few mods, and turn the boost up just a bit and I wouldn't see why 400 to the wheels couldn't be had.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Nice car man, and a very nice camera. I haven't seen video quality like that. . . . . . . ever on here. What camera were you guys using?

modthispny

Established Member
Hey Lowflight,

Are your wheels the CSL reps? I want to get them too, how do you like 'em?

r6bullet

Established Member
Almo said:
Just wait until someone like Dinan reroutes boost to all 6 cylinders instead of just 3. That, a few mods, and turn the boost up just a bit and I wouldn't see why 400 to the wheels couldn't be had.

Um..... what? You must have read something wrong, each turbo boosts 3 cylinders. There are two turbos, all six cylinders are getting boost. I agree that with very little mods they will be able to leave an e46 M3 behind (on a straight). However you will not be able to raise the boost levels all that much as the N54 engine is fairly high compression(10.5:1). BMW gets lower cylinder temps by using HPI (High precison injecton) which consist of high pressure piezo injectors that spray directly into the cylinders(and of course an air-air intercooler). The injectors themselves are very cool, they use a stack of piezo crystals that expand when voltage is applied to them, they respond very quickly and provide very precise fuel control. These cars are very fun to drive as well as E46 M3s.

Your M3 is a nice car, have you ever driven an SMG M3? I didn't think I would like it but if I had an E46 M3 let me tell you I wouldn't want anything but SMG.

Users who are viewing this thread