Some day runs (5.0 vs KB 2V)

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
The 5.0 didn't lose. It was computer generated for OUr entertainment.

And did I just see the 2v driver wave???:cuss::burn:

Last edited:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
3100 pounds? Is that thing a rolling shell? The KB is a heavy brick, and the car looked to still be on 17's. My 98 GT with a Vortech, T56, some stupid ass "racing seats" the previous owner put in it weighed 3380 without driver on a set of Chrome OEM 04 Cobra Wheels. A Vortech adds right at 40 pounds, my KB 2.2 on my 00 GT (not a 2.1 but still) added close to 120 pounds with coolant and everything. A pair of Kirkey seats are about 20-25 lighter per side depending on what factory seats he had.

4200 on the 5.0 with driver and passenger? Not even if you guys weighed 350 each.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
A 2V won on svtp! Praise the lord!

bow down 4v's!

Haha! :lol: :rockon:

Its awesome seeing 2V step up to the plate because its rarity! If you have the right setup, they can be very fast. As for the weight goes on these cars they are really light. I have premium GT with the slug box auto and its roughly at 33xx w/o me in it. Forget about it if you have GTS model those are the light ones, they are about 3100lbs because there is no power anything, no rear spoiler, and cloth interior.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I thought the 2v would lose.

Is it still NPI heads or PI heads? What gear?

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Thomas: they are still lowly gt's with horrible resale value... Should just have bought a cobra

Sent from my office in the Bureau

Main reason why 2V owners have that much more to prove because of discrimination like this...

Were past the era of resale value, this is more about building a solid platform these days.

I8URLS1

Established Member
I used to love the reaction I'd get from people when they found out my car was a 2v making nearly 600whp with a KB 2.2 on it. The thing hauled ass and weighed 3215 without me in it with a T56, the kenne bell and all stock suspension (and a system with a sub). Anything is capable when you put together a winning combination.

People are really going to shit themselves when they find out my new setup is still a 2v :burnout:

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Updated weights. We will be weighing both cars hopefully this weekend so you can see the actual weight. But these weights are pretty accurate give or take a few pounds.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Nice 2v. I wish I would run into a new 5.0 in my kb 2v. Both being close to 400rwhp, i'm thinking it would be a good race.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
I used to love the reaction I'd get from people when they found out my car was a 2v making nearly 600whp with a KB 2.2 on it. The thing hauled ass and weighed 3215 without me in it with a T56, the kenne bell and all stock suspension (and a system with a sub). Anything is capable when you put together a winning combination.

People are really going to shit themselves when they find out my new setup is still a 2v :burnout:

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread