Some Drag Racing Pictures from Tulsa, OK

408-COUPE

Established Member
This past saturday (9-27) we had a modular vs. pushrod shootout, wasnt set up very well but it was fun none the less

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0222-1.jpg

DSC_0223-1.jpg

DSC_0224.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

DSC_0253.jpg

DSC_0260.jpg

DSC_0262.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0280-1.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_0288.jpg

DSC_0290.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0321-1.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

forcefedcobra

Established Member
cool. Wish I would have known about that. Too bad my cobra is torn apart anyway. I'll hopefully be making a trip over soon. We should get it done this weekend and then after some break in miles she will be ready for some "kick me out for running too fast" passes.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
LOL I bet the pushrods cleaned house!!! :coolman::coolman::coolman::coolman:

408-COUPE

Established Member
ha the fastest qualifying run for a modular-11.70
for a pushrod-7.61
yes we cleaned the house

forcefedcobra

Established Member
ha the fastest qualifying run for a modular-11.70
for a pushrod-7.61
yes we cleaned the house

LOL! I ran faster than that at full weight, low boost, super fat tune and drag radials. Granted my car isnt as fast the purshrod cars there but I can drive mine from enid to the track in tulsa, run faster than any of the modular's there, and then hit Hallett for some laps on the way back home.

mustangkid05

Established Member
LOL! I ran faster than that at full weight, low boost, super fat tune and drag radials. Granted my car isnt as fast the purshrod cars there but I can drive mine from enid to the track in tulsa, run faster than any of the modular's there, and then hit Hallett for some laps on the way back home.

lets see it

01svtL

Established Member
I went to that track a couple of months ago for the Mid-America Shelby meet, and there was MAYBE 3 guys there that could drive their cars, and none of them had anything newer than 1994 haha. It was the most borring track experience I've ever had!

Stopsign32v

Established Member

So why wern't you there to kick ass and take names? :rolleyes:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
lets see it

below is a vid that was taken the day after we installed the whipple. start up tune with no revisions and worn out 275 nitto dr's. launch was at idle. previous run I tried to launch at just over 2k and it just blew the tires off.

So why wern't you there to kick ass and take names? :rolleyes:

One I didnt know anything about it. two the cobra is sitting in a shop waiting for its new aluminator to be fixed and put in due to FRPP's crap for quality control.

http://media.putfile.com/first-run-with-some-traction

Last edited:

2KGT

Banned

We have a few turbo cobras on our local board that weren't able to make it out. So it's not like you're the fastest modular in Oklahoma or anything.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
We have a few turbo cobras on our local board that weren't able to make it out. So it's not like you're the fastest modular in Oklahoma or anything.

Didnt say I was but I figured there would have been a better showing than that. atleast some low 10's or high 9's.

2KGT

Banned
Didnt say I was but I figured there would have been a better showing than that. atleast some low 10's or high 9's.

There are a few cars that can run that. Like yourself, many of them have projects going on right now.

Check us out when you get a chance... okdhm dot com

forcefedcobra

Established Member
There are a few cars that can run that. Like yourself, many of them have projects going on right now.

Check us out when you get a chance... okdhm dot com

I post there now and then. Even have some old parts for sale there right now. I used to run around with soonerlightning and some other people that still post on there back when our lightning club was going strong.

2KGT

Banned
I post there now and then. Even have some old parts for sale there right now. I used to run around with soonerlightning and some other people that still post on there back when our lightning club was going strong.

Wes is a crazy dude.

Good luck with your project, man. :beer:

phil'snotch

Established Member
what did that shelby replica have, i cant believe it yanks 17'' wheels of the ground. looks like his on a drag radial, if that!
DSC_0260.jpg

Stopsign32v

Established Member
below is a vid that was taken the day after we installed the whipple. start up tune with no revisions and worn out 275 nitto dr's. launch was at idle. previous run I tried to launch at just over 2k and it just blew the tires off.

One I didnt know anything about it. two the cobra is sitting in a shop waiting for its new aluminator to be fixed and put in due to FRPP's crap for quality control.

http://media.putfile.com/first-run-with-some-traction

Wow for some reason since you were putting down another Modular that ran 11.7 I did not expect you to only run 11.6@124mph. :lol1: That is insanely fast, man you should have gone and shut up everyone! :bowdown:

forcefedcobra

Established Member
Wes is a crazy dude.

Good luck with your project, man. :beer:

For sure! I miss hanging with that guy.

Hopefully the project will be done this weekend................aluminator longblock, tubular k member/coilovers, irs rebuild, full lethal/fore fuel system, and kooks LT's with kooks offroad x pipe.

We will be upping the boost quite a bit for some race gas runs at the strip and will be slapping on some slicks for a proper launch this time around.

Users who are viewing this thread