Some good racing footage

V1uhoh

Established Member
This is a good friend of mine in his 928 racing at Road America. The 928 is a 5 liter (302)V8...Marks car is bored and stroked to 6.4 liters. He works his way up to 3rd in a field that many say the 928 shouldnt even be competative with. Mark regularly beats factory cup cars with full crews in the various races he enters.
Just thought id post some good racing footage .:rockon:

:beer:

http://www.autoweb.com/content/rese..._video/action/showvideo/vid/o_0084/vcat/Owner

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Very nice, he made it look like the other guys werent even trying. Good passes in the braking zones. My favorite was the purple Porsche towards the end. Mark goes left, the Porche swerves left hard to block him then he just jumps out to the right and passes him in the braking zone before the turn. Good vid. :beer:

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I've always loved the 928 Cammer motors. That one in the vid sounded sick,

BTW how the hell did he get a ~302 modular motor out to around 387CID :shrug:??! Is that the factory block? Normally adding over .8 would require some cutting of the block and whatnot I would think.

I would like to know what is available as far as aftermarket for those cars and what the prices are that is SICK!

Last edited:

V1uhoh

Established Member
ford5.0forlife said:
I've always loved the 928 Cammer motors. That one in the vid sounded sick,

BTW how the hell did he get a ~302 modular motor out to around 387CID :shrug:??! Is that the factory block? Normally adding over .8 would require some cutting of the block and whatnot I would think.

I would like to know what is available as far as aftermarket for those cars and what the prices are that is SICK!

Bore and an increase in stroke. I just sold my stroker crankshaft as im taking a different route on my car. 3000.00 bucks! I envy you guys when i look at the complete stoker kits available for your cars...and the price!:cryying:

This is whats availble for the cars these days...and FYI...these arent your run of the mill mass produce KB or Vortech kits. They were made by individuals on their own time and in their garages!
TWINSCREW via a KenneBell (what i Have) https://www.928gt.com/default1.htm
Tom1-L.jpg

Centrifugal via a VORTECH http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/murf928Scstage2.php
MurfStage2a.jpg

Twin turbos are in the works and there are a few REAR turbos drving around as well! They do work!

We are only just getting the luxury of flash programming the ECU and ignition. This is due to a couple of very smart guys we have in our 928 internet community. They have "hacked" the factory fuel and ignition curves and now have the ability to remap via a lap top and "autotune".

Last edited:

djtyau

Established Member
I felt like I was in the race. His car is crazy fast compared to the others he passed. Sounded awesome too. How far up did he make it?

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Damn that is so awesome, at first I thought a pushrod ford v8 was swapped into it. Guess I learned something today about porsches, thanks for sharing, didnt even know porsche had a v8 back then.

Lucky D

Lucky D's Cobra
Established Member
Porsche 928's are bad cars, haven't any of you seen Risky Business? Seriously, I think they have a near 50/50 weight distribution and handleing is fantastic right from the factory. Also the V8's from the 928 are in a current Porsche with twin turbo's, maybe you guys heard of it, the Cayenne?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
V1uhoh said:
Bore and an increase in stroke. I just sold my stroker crankshaft as im taking a different route on my car. 3000.00 bucks! I envy you guys when i look at the complete stoker kits available for your cars...and the price!:cryying:

This is whats availble for the cars these days...and FYI...these arent your run of the mill mass produce KB or Vortech kits. They were made by individuals on their own time and in their garages!
TWINSCREW via a KenneBell (what i Have) https://www.928gt.com/default1.htm
Tom1-L.jpg

Centrifugal via a VORTECH http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/murf928Scstage2.php
MurfStage2a.jpg

Twin turbos are in the works and there are a few REAR turbos drving around as well! They do work!

We are only just getting the luxury of flash programming the ECU and ignition. This is due to a couple of very smart guys we have in our 928 internet community. They have "hacked" the factory fuel and ignition curves and now have the ability to remap via a lap top and "autotune".

Thats f!cking AWESOME! I would trade my car in a heartbeart for a 1992-1995 928 GTS with the 5.4L DOHC 345hp motor. Wasn't there like only a couple manual cars to make it here like 7 er so? How much would those cars sell for now?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread