Some great runs today

16kOrBust

Established Member
About a dozen of us met up for a cruise today, everything from modded STIs to a 67mm 94 Supra, a bunch of Mustangs, bikes, our Z28s, and some other stuff. When I first pulled in, the last one to get there, a guy I had never met before goes "it's alright, you've got a slow car so we expect you to get here late" . He was joking around but I found out he had a gutted '91 240SX with a '94 Skyline motor in it, T3 single turbo running 9 lbs of boost and supporting mods. He claimed it weighs 2300 pounds, which sounds VERY light to me, but I don't know much about them and it was gutted so who knows.

Anyways, we all head out and go up onto the highway and a bunch of us get some good runs in. The guy with the 240SX and I ran a few times. The two good runs we got in were from 60mph (third for me) and 40mph (second for me). On the first run, we lined up and I waved for him to punch it, so he did and I followed suit, giving him close to a car length because it took off quick. By the top of third I had pulled back his car and when I hit fourth I started walking away, putting maybe 2-3 cars on him when I let off at the top of fourth (120ish). We then slowed to 40 and ran again, this time from second. Again I gave him a jump, maybe half a car this time, and he hung to the top of second where I tapped the limiter (whoops, REAL short second gear with this tranny and 4.10s). I hit third and started walking, putting about 1.5-2 cars on him. I hit fourth and ran it part way through the gear, leaving him a couple more cars back. We talked later and he was saying that the humidity wasn't helping him out (80 and humid today), so he wants a run some night when it's cool and dry. I told him no problem, anytime just give me a call. He was a cool guy.

I also had a quick run with a bolt-on 2003ish GT just for fun because he's a friend. Obviously that didn't go so well for him, but it gave me a reason to punch it. I also ran a blue STI with a big front mount on it that was RUMORED to have 500whp. We got next to each other at about 40ish and both punched it. I immediately jumped out on him and had a decent pull through third and the beginning of fourth where I let off. I tried to get him to run again but he said he was having fuel issues and the motor is coming apart tomorrow, but he was a really cool guy when we talked later and we're going to run em when he gets everything fixed because he told me that it actually dynoed 400 to the wheels recently. Should be a great race from a roll (from a dig I'll get smashed unless he's a bad driver, so let's hope ).

The Supra and I tried once again to get some runs in (good friend of mine but lives over an hour away) but everytime we try to run, either someone misses a gear or there are cops around, etc, so we still haven't gotten the chance yet. He made 680ish on race gas but runs significantly lower (I'm thinkin 5XX) on pump gas and he has street tires, plus he's still learning the car. The few times we've got quick sprints in from a roll I always jump out a car or so and then wait for him to come flying by (he has lag issues and is trying to figure out the brake-boost thing), but he'll miss a gear or there will be traffic or SOMETHING always happens, so we wait. I want to go from a dig and see if he can catch me by the quarter marker!

Users who are viewing this thread