some help please.

Kimcobra

Established Member
O.K. I want to ask a couple of questions,I am building me a 92 GT,I want to use pretty much the same engine specs as the 93 Cobra,but with just a little more power to it.I have got a set of heads and intake off a wrecked 93 cobra,I dropped the heads off this morning to get a 5 angle valve job and a little port work,The bottom end will be a 306,and just wondering what cam would be best.Now thius car will be an auto with a 2000 stall and 3.73 gears out back..I am not trying to build a cobra clone I think they have been done to death.Any help would be great..Thanks

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
Have new valvesprings put on the heads FOR SURE.

There are newer off the shelf grinds than the ford alphabet stuff, especially since you're running an automatic.

I'd call the cam manufacturers you're interested in and see what they recommend. Be sure to mention you want the best drivability you can get. They're going to want to know a lot of specs on the car, including weight...

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
Have new valvesprings put on the heads FOR SURE.

There are newer off the shelf grinds than the ford alphabet stuff, especially since you're running an automatic.

I'd call the cam manufacturers you're interested in and see what they recommend. Be sure to mention you want the best drivability you can get. They're going to want to know a lot of specs on the car, including weight...

I think he just wants a simple solution as opposed to balls to the wall RWHP. If not get a hold of Ed Curtis for a custom grind.

MillCreekMafia

Established Member
trick flow stage 1.. I run this in my supercharged car and it idles nice, and makes good power mid-range power. not to mention i went 11.50's with a mild blower combo with it.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
I wasn't necessarily saying others besides alphabet cams are "balls to the wall RWHP".

I was actually thinking more about drivability. There have been leaps and bounds made on cam design in the last 15 years since the alphabet cams came to being...

5liter

Foxbody FTMFW!
Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
I wasn't necessarily saying others besides alphabet cams are "balls to the wall RWHP".

I was actually thinking more about drivability. There have been leaps and bounds made on cam design in the last 15 years since the alphabet cams came to being...

Yes technology has come a long way. They are however proven performers at a good price. My 89 GT went 11.68 in the 1/4 with a NA 306 and an "E" cam. I might have gone faster with something else, but I was pleased with its driveability and performance.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread