Some help with decals!?

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Just bought my 2 year old a Little Tikes Cars 2 twin bed. There is around 25 decals to put on and most are quite large.

Any tips/advice on putting them on so they look nice and straight without bubbles? I assume a spray bottle with water???? Will that allow me to move them around if the placement is off?

Thanks.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Slightly soapy water mixed with isopropyl alcohol should do the trick. Half and half of each Mike with a good hair dryer, squeegee and pointy needle for air bubbles. Try on a small decal to see if it works out good.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Peel the backing off about 2 inches on the right side and fold it behind the rest of the backing. Line it up and hold it where it looks good, then press down the sticky side onto the bed and start squeegeeing with your finger from right to left. Peel the backing off as you go so the rest of it doesn't stick to the bed. Go from top to bottom, bottom to top as you squeegee along.

If you use the soapy water method you'll be able to move it around. But just make sure you push the water out from behind the sticker.

Let me know if you have any questions...I do this for a living :thumbsup:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Thanks Jes and Mooch. I'm gonna try the peel as I go method first. If it doesn't go well, I'll move to the soapy water technique.

I'm terrible at this type of stuff and my OCD won't let me accept anything but perfect....

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Thanks Jes and Mooch. I'm gonna try the peel as I go method first. If it doesn't go well, I'll move to the soapy water technique.

I'm terrible at this type of stuff and my OCD won't let me accept anything but perfect....

Pay mooch to do it for you.....cheapskate! LMAO!

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Lol. Bout time you came out of hiding.

And if Mooch wants to come to Jersey, I'll pay him....there's 33 decals and I don't want to do it.

Im in Myrtle Beach waiting for you to deliver my calzone! LMAO

Just been super busy man. Summertime is always busy at work for me.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Lol. Bout time you came out of hiding.

And if Mooch wants to come to Jersey, I'll pay him....there's 33 decals and I don't want to do it.

That's quite the haul to put 33 decals on a bed :lol1:. Did you get them on yet?

Also how big are they? If they're larger and you want to reduce the chance of bubbles see if you can buy a vinyl squeegee or if you have a small (4" is what I use) wall paper roller hanging around and use the method I told you.

Good luck! :beer:

Last edited:

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Well i put on the wheel decals and 3 other small ones. Using the Mooch method with help from the wife. After the kids go to bed, we're gonna get the rest on.

Btw, its a pain in the ass so far.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Well i put on the wheel decals and 3 other small ones. Using the Mooch method with help from the wife. After the kids go to bed, we're gonna get the rest on.

Btw, its a pain in the ass so far.

Just out of curiosity, whats this thing look like??

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Soap and water makes it a breeze. Use a squeegee to get the air bubbles out if you have any.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

jrandy

Established Member
Soap and water method works the best. Doesn't stick until your happy with it and let it dry.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, whats this thing look like??
I'd post a pic but then I would have to ban myself.

Repost! Just playing. I've always wanted to do that.
:lol:

I was looking at that bed for my nephew. I can't believe all those decals aren't applied already lol.

Best price I found was from WalMart.com...$349.99 with free shipping. And I wish they came applied. 6 sheets full to put on and the side flames are in 4 pieces!?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Best price I found was from WalMart.com...$349.99 with free shipping. And I wish they came applied. 6 sheets full to put on and the side flames are in 4 pieces!?

Yeah I saw the Walmart price, definitely the best. Holy hell @ all the decals.

Users who are viewing this thread