Some hood questions

Grunnsetning

Established Member
I did a search and did come up with some results but a lot of them are a while back and I know quality changes over time so I wanted to ask myself.

I was considering a hood from cervini's to clear possible a 3.4 whipple.
Have any of y'all had any experience with the quality of the hood. paint job and stripe job?

Does anyone have any recommendations for what hood you like? Maybe there's some out there I have not seen.

I would feel better purchasing a hood already painted so if something were to happen I can bitch at one person and not have to worry about cervini's saying "it was your body shops fault" etc..

Last edited:

Spawn

mmjax.com webmaster
Established Member
I have had the cervini hood. the pic below in my Sig is my old cervini hood off my GT. the GT hoods fit the 500 but look a little funny so I put my stock hood back on. Fit and Finish has yet to be beat in my opinion. I haven't seen any better hood made then what they turn out. little to no prep needed other than a wash to get rid of all the mold release.

A friend of mine just got a hood from them and it was pre painted, it matched the metallic blue perfectly and the car was 3 years old.

Grunnsetning

Established Member
Anyone have any idea how much more/less clearance there is under the hood between the cowl and KR style?
I think both is plenty for the 3.4 but I'm wondering if the 4.0 comes out if it's huge I would hate to have the one with less clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread