Some in-car video from SVTOA 07 Summit Point

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
A couple of laps from Sunday, the weather was decent and there were some very cool rides there. Saleen showed up in force with a half a dozen or so cars towed by three Saleen f250's. Zen moment of the weekend, watching a Ford GT in the novice group give a point by to a Saleen truck.:D

Video Here

03'Darin

Established Member
Nice clean video. What brand of camera are you using?

I was there instructing for both SVT and Saleen. Had a GREAT time as usual!! I drove Saleen stuff most of the weekend, took Bill around in his GT for a session on Sunday but the best part of the weekend was driving the Parnelli Jones car. The owner of the car asked me to take him around the track in his car. I declined because I didn't think he realized how hard we were running the track. He said he bought the car to be used like it was built to be used and wanted to see it. So I proceded to give him a 20 minute lesson on how the car got around the track. The car handles noticeably better than the regular Saleen cars, which handle pretty darn well.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. :-D

Darin

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Hijack away man. I was using a chasecam bullet camera feeding into a MiniDV camcorder, I like the bullet cam because it's light enough so no wobbles and it has the fisheye lens so you can get the whole front of the car in the shot. Plus then your camcorder can be in the center console on some padding so the vibration isn't so bad.

03'Darin

Established Member
FX-Man said:
Hijack away man. I was using a chasecam bullet camera feeding into a MiniDV camcorder, I like the bullet cam because it's light enough so no wobbles and it has the fisheye lens so you can get the whole front of the car in the shot. Plus then your camcorder can be in the center console on some padding so the vibration isn't so bad.

It does a great job. I have what was supposed to be a pretty good quality digital cam corder but it gets terrible wind noise and a little shake.

Users who are viewing this thread