Some interior upgrades. TMI seat package

Willmkent

Established Member
I noticed the boss steering wheel has a few different buttons, I have a base car so I have the info and reset button on my steering wheel but also a sync button, how did you remedy this?

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
All the buttons are interchangeable..I just took ,the buttons out of my premium equipment wheel and but them in the boss wheel,the harness is the same,there is a video from CJ pony parts that walks you thur the steps ,the whole wheel change maybe took 20 mins, very easy installation

Willmkent

Established Member
Oh ok that's awesome, I have to do this then, I would love that steering wheel.

Hey real quick, did you reuse your same airbag? And on top of that did you ever get a fix from ford for the takata stuff?

Lemonth

Established Member
Oh ok that's awesome, I have to do this then, I would love that steering wheel.

Hey real quick, did you reuse your same airbag? And on top of that did you ever get a fix from ford for the takata stuff?

Do they have a fix from Ford for the airbag yet? I haven't heard anything about it, Ford's website still says "RECALL INCOMPLETE. REMEDY NOT YET AVAILABLE." I'm waiting to get the airbag replaced before I replace my steering wheel just to avoid problems. Along with that, the plastic behind the steering wheel is separating and not holding together, I'm waiting for the recall and getting that done at the same time.

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
No airbag,never even gave it a thought,but it is so easy to change out,two bolts and two wire connectors and it's out,

beef97

Established Member
I called and spoke to Ford about a week ago and they are still waiting on airbags to arrive....

Mattism78

Established Member
They look nice. I think your upholstery shop should have used a steamer more. Some of those seams look like they could really use it. Overall though it looks really nice. You could do the inserts in the doors to match pretty easily.

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
He said that once it sat in the hot sun they will smooth out a little,first thing I asked him when I saw um

Mattism78

Established Member
They will definitely wear in some. Synthetic vinyl doesn't wear in nearly as much as regular leather. A steamer is an upholsterer's best friend. Especially when it comes to the finished product. I know here in Florida you can cheat with the sun, and a wet towel in a closed car. Not sure what kind of direct sunlight you have up in NY.

Todd128

Established Member
Very nice seats, definitely a good alternative to Recaros!

I have the same hurst short shifter that you have, how were you able to get the shift boot to sit so 'clean' around the rectangular shifter? Thanks!

Siscakidd

Livin the dream
Established Member
Very nice seats, definitely a good alternative to Recaros!

I have the same hurst short shifter that you have, how were you able to get the shift boot to sit so 'clean' around the rectangular shifter? Thanks!
Mine came with a oval shaped grommet with a rectangular slot for the the hurst handle,I just wrapped the boot around the grommet from the bottom side and used a small tie wrap to draw it together,made sure it looked good and even and pulled it tight,if that all makes sense.

Todd128

Established Member
Mine came with a oval shaped grommet with a rectangular slot for the the hurst handle,I just wrapped the boot around the grommet from the bottom side and used a small tie wrap to draw it together,made sure it looked good and even and pulled it tight,if that all makes sense.

Sure does, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread