Some noises and vibrations

RR5.0

Established Member
I am having a few small issues with my car that I would like to get ironed out. First of all as background the car is a 2012 auto with stock gears and driveshaft. I have springs, shocks and struts, full rear suspension all adjustable, -2 pinion angle, and a 4c converter. The car is a paxton car, stock motor, and ID1000s, with ngk 6510 plugs gapped at .030.

The first issue is at idle I have slight pop every once in a while. Almost like a misfire but not as pronounced. You can definitely hear it in the exhaust. What could be causing this? Injectors, plugs?

The previous issue seems to carry over to driving. If I am in 6th gear with converter locked and I floor it around 45mpg the car seems to hesitate and pop and then will eventually take off. If I manually select 2nd gear I do not have this problem. I do inject methanol but I would not think it would cause that problem unless the car is just making boost that fast. The methanol is set to spray from 3-10psi

My last issue is a vibration that I can feel in the whole car from 55+. It is not a constant vibration like I have felt before from a tire or driveshaft. You can feel it every two seconds, it is very regular. It seems to just vibrate the car and then go away. It is very subtle but I can definitely tell it is there. What could this be?

Users who are viewing this thread