Some Of My Recent Details

Palmer

Established Member
Here's some pictures of recent details I've done that the audience on here might be interested in. The pictures aren't the best, but they work. I use 3M 3000 grit wet paper to spot wetsand where needed, 105 on a orange pad, 205 on a white pad, Klasse sealant, then Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. Anyways on to some pics...
This car makes over 800hp if I remember correctly
IMG_0643_zpsab62d85d.jpg

This 03 Cobra has less than 4k miles on it
IMG_0647_zps4a2165c2.jpg

This Boss has 1800 miles on it and makes over 1000hp to the wheels
IMG_1211_zps614ffdfd.jpg

IMG_1210_zpsac940958.jpg

IMG_1208_zpsf167fd06.jpg

IMG_1198_zps6e6de2b5.jpg

IMG_1282_zpsef30dc86.jpg

IMG_1289_zpsffa3eb23.jpg

IMG_1290_zps8bc70132.jpg

IMG_1462_zps7fed37dd.jpg

IMG_1463_zps2cb7521a.jpg

IMG_1517_zps342a8f7b.jpg

IMG_1518_zpsfbb2a9c8.jpg

IMG_1520_zps889f3fea.jpg

This Bullitt has less than 24k miles on it, but the paint on the front end was really rough and chipped badly.
IMG_1619_zps64bfe275.jpg

IMG_1622_zps21330e54.jpg

This Bullitt just got tuned by 04sleeper the day I picked it up and it hasn't made it to the dyno yet, but it is a beast to say the least.
IMG_1638_zps20a94da4.jpg

IMG_1634_zps50f6029d.jpg

IMG_1636_zps102d5fe0.jpg

IMG_1648_zpsd1d196f7.jpg

And here's just an underhood picture of the Marauder I snapped. It has 3.73's and makes over 500hp to the wheels. It's a really fun car to drive around in.
IMG_1288_zps4bd4b33d.jpg

Electrokid

Established Member
Maybe it's just the lighting, but the first picture of the GT there makes the paint look immaculate! Great work on all though.

Palmer

Established Member
I been run that idea in my head. i wanted to start detailing on the side. Since there is no one in my area that details. Trying to figure what kinda prices are you seeing? :shrug:

I could go on all day about that. I stick more with specialty cars that the owners really appreciate and take care of. I don't do many of your average joe cars because either people "don't understand why it costs so much" or they don't appreciate the work and even though they're paying me I'd rather not waste my time on a vehicle to give it back to someone and they trash it out a week later. Most of the cars I do are either customers I've had for years or from a local performance shop who I'm really good friends with the owner and he refers people to me or he pays me to detail the cars for his customers once he's done with the engine build, blower swap, tuning, or whatever else he's done to the car if he's had it for a month or more. I discount it for him but typically I charge between $200-$300 for what I do. I would be willing to take it further and add in more steps, but the problem you will run into here in Oklahoma is nobody wants to pay for a higher end detail. The cars I do for my friends performance shop I take home with me on a Friday evening and I return them Monday morning to his shop so that gives me two days to work on it and I can do it at home so I have a lot more freedom and its better than being at my work (body shop) and trying to cram it all into a Saturday. I typically have 12-14 hours into a car. Are you in an area with a lot of that red clay like they have around OKC? Luckily I've never had to do a car with that stuff since we don't have it up here.

mike.b

Established Member
Looks like you do damn good work.

I just had my car detailed. I'd rather have the pro knock it out than spend the better part of a day on it myself. I know its hard work so I don't mind paying a bit to have extra time for other things.

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member
I could go on all day about that. I stick more with specialty cars that the owners really appreciate and take care of. I don't do many of your average joe cars because either people "don't understand why it costs so much" or they don't appreciate the work and even though they're paying me I'd rather not waste my time on a vehicle to give it back to someone and they trash it out a week later. Most of the cars I do are either customers I've had for years or from a local performance shop who I'm really good friends with the owner and he refers people to me or he pays me to detail the cars for his customers once he's done with the engine build, blower swap, tuning, or whatever else he's done to the car if he's had it for a month or more. I discount it for him but typically I charge between $200-$300 for what I do. I would be willing to take it further and add in more steps, but the problem you will run into here in Oklahoma is nobody wants to pay for a higher end detail. The cars I do for my friends performance shop I take home with me on a Friday evening and I return them Monday morning to his shop so that gives me two days to work on it and I can do it at home so I have a lot more freedom and its better than being at my work (body shop) and trying to cram it all into a Saturday. I typically have 12-14 hours into a car. Are you in an area with a lot of that red clay like they have around OKC? Luckily I've never had to do a car with that stuff since we don't have it up here.

Ya i can see what your saying about people not wanting to pay for certain things. I have noticed that since i moved here in 97. I live north of lawton and there is nothing for cars down this way. thats the reason i thought about detail some on the side. Would love to open a performance shop down this way but there has been a few but everytime one moved in they close up shop in a yr. oklahoma is wierd :beer:

RC-5.0

Established Member
Nice, but I would be careful about posting license plates of cars that are your customers' and not your own...Especially when you show a 1000HP Boss.

RC

UncleDan

Established Member
Nice work on all of them. I've been thinking about doing some detailing here and there for extra $$ on the weekends. Would need to bump up to the Flex machine though.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I would be willing to take it further and add in more steps, but the problem you will run into here in Oklahoma is nobody wants to pay for a higher end detail.

Saw you are in Owasso, I'm in Catoosa, up from Houston. Looking to get to know people with the "car bug" in mind....

What's the name of the performance shop??

Palmer

Established Member
Saw you are in Owasso, I'm in Catoosa, up from Houston. Looking to get to know people with the "car bug" in mind....

What's the name of the performance shop??

It's called Pinnacle Performance and Repair in Owasso. That's awesome man I was actually looking at your New Springs thread earlier today because I just bought my wife a 2012 Fusion about a month ago and was thinking about picking up the Steeda springs for it.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
It's called Pinnacle Performance and Repair in Owasso. That's awesome man I was actually looking at your New Springs thread earlier today because I just bought my wife a 2012 Fusion about a month ago and was thinking about picking up the Steeda springs for it.

If you're around tomorrow I can stop by and show you the car. PM me if you want. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread