Some photos from a recently completed CSS project. :-)

qwikhuh

Established Member
Car looks great Eric. Did you switch to the 99 setup so you could use the Hellion kit?

TRBO VNM

qwikhuh said:
Car looks great Eric. Did you switch to the 99 setup so you could use the Hellion kit?

yeah. he has a teksid block with revised terminator heads. I think he has some combination of cams and then the 99/01 conversion stuff.

snakecharmer

Established Member
qwikhuh said:

Jason covered the basics, but I'll add to the "why". A 99/Terminator setup was not strictly necesary for this. I wanted that combo and the new style heads, because I had prior experience on the original B-headed motor, and I never cared for the lack of low-RPM torque, and I really really REALLY disliked keeping the IMRCs in the intake so that you didn't make the torque situation even worse. The C/Terminator headed motors are just plain better, IMO, though certainly you can make stupid power on a B-head motor. Driveability is my big thing and I much prefer how the 99+'s do in that department.

Going 99+ didn't mean this was a straight bolt-in install however, as Jason can attest to. A number of things gave challenges.....the terminator kit uses a single pipe coming from the exhaust up to the turbo, whereas on my car it has to be a two piece unit, because my ABS is different and in the way. Similarly, there were a number of other smaller items that Jason had to move/bend/tweak to get everything to work just as it should. It really is amazing the number of small items that Ford changed/moved/modified over the SN95 run, that can cause issues with a kit such as this where the tolerances are already super-tight with our physically huge motor. That's where I appreciate the good old GM smallblock. It fits in darn near anything. :) All good in the end, the kit came out great, and Jason is now has a PH.d in bastardized cars like my 97. :-D. Combine SVT, Saleen, and Terminator stuff all in the same body and you get a few challenges.

For those that asked, I'll find some garage/other toy pictures and post them later this evening.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

yeah, Eric's car was definitely unique. I knew with his old setup he just wasn't happy and driveability sucked(understatement there). I drove it and man did it hicup and all sorts of crap. great power, but didn't drive that nice at all. He actually wanted to sell it and just fed up. I didn't want that as I knew he really loved the car. I offered him to bring it up and change the exhaust and put different cams and supercharger on it to just make it more streetable.

shortly after that talk was xmas time and I drove my orange car to florida and back for the trip and stayed at Eric's on my way back as I do every year and gave him a ride. not 2 weeks later he said he made a deal with his engine builder and he will have it up to me for a turbo kit...lol.

all I wanted was for him to be happy again with the car and not sell it. I hope that is accomplished.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
:lol:

BTW, the mustang gt just left tonight. man, that hellion kit fit very nice and looks great on the gt. flowgoode did most of the 98 gt though. I just coached him along and helped out and did the final touches. thing runs smooth and is very nice. sounds like a gt with exhuast. but at 110k miles, auto, the thing is going to need a new heart soon.

Yeah, that GT will def. want to start saving for some forged pieces! Was definately a fun project tho! And it MOST DEFINATELY fit easier than Eric's setup lol. Eric's car was a real challenge, but in the end that thing is a BEAST even with 4.10s. I can't imagine what it will be like, when you can let that turbo scream with some smaller gears!

snakecharmer

Established Member
sunburned said:
Haha, I think everyone meants the garage itself.

Eric, you should probably post up a few pictures of your other rides to make sure everyone knows whats up. :coolman:

Ok, here you go:

The Vette:

i750819_z06right.JPG

i750816_z06front.JPG

i750817_z06back.JPG

Screaming Eagle V-Rod (more or less the daily when the weather permits):

vrodme.JPG

DSCN2996s.JPG

M3 (daily when weather does not permit ridding the V-rod)

m3back.JPG

And some more of the garage:

Garage

snakecharmer

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
all I wanted was for him to be happy again with the car and not sell it. I hope that is accomplished.

Sell it? LOL. When I kick the bucket, it's yours, except for one set of keys that are going with me. :-D

snakecharmer

Established Member
01Lowboy said:
I didnt even know you got a C6Z and got rid of the C5Z

Yep, that was back in June. Traded the 04 in to a collector (it's now in a muesum) and replaced it with this one same day. I wanted another Lemans Blue before they stopped making them.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
The Cobra looks badass Eric. I can't wait to see it on Sat. and even more importantly to go for a ride!!! :) Maybe a ride after you get some 3.55's and stickier tires, lol.

TRBO VNM

NothinButNotch said:
Maybe a ride after you get some 3.55's and stickier tires, lol.

+1

Eric, we need to figure out the stereo. hopefully mine will be done in about a month.

Users who are viewing this thread