Some pics of my 99 Cobra

Cobra2001X

Banned
I don't have anything to do on my day off today so I decided to take a few pictures of my 99 Cobra. I bought the car back in July for pretty cheap since it had a pretty bad rod knock. My brother helped me rebuild my shortblock and the car is in excellent running condition. It has 123k on the odo but still drives real nice and pulls hard. I just need to get my hood and both bumper covers repainted as they have some scratches and rock chips. I had the car done for a few months now and didn't post any pics yet so here they are. I know the quality of the pics kinda sucks ,but Let me know what you guys think!

kdsrvo.jpg

1yl548.jpg

ogw9k5.jpg

w1e6c9.jpg

xmo87c.jpg

xnufdv.jpg

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
Looks pretty good. I need to paint my calipers too!! I suggest moving your spoiler back some -- it looks a lot better that way. Your car looks like a hard-top cousin to mine!

Cobra2001X

Banned
I was thinking about the spoiler, but didn't decide whether to move it back or just go wingless. :shrug:

MY-VETTE

Sports Car Junkie!
Established Member
Looks Nice! I would take the spoiler off? My buddy has a red 99 Cobra & he removed his and it looks sweet with off! Worst-case is you put back on if you dont like it.

Last edited:

Cobra2001X

Banned
Looks Nice! I would take the spoiler off? My buddy has a red 99 Cobra & he removed his and it looks sweet with off! Worst-case is you put back on if you dont like it.

yeah I gotta do something with the spoiler. I love the way the 99 looks with the spoiler moved back, but I also love them wingless. I am kind of leaning towards just taking it off.

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
get rid of the hoodpins, sharp looking 99 for sure. move that wing back!! looks clean :beer:

Cobra2001X

Banned
get rid of the hoodpins, sharp looking 99 for sure. move that wing back!! looks clean :beer:

thanks, I just put the hoodpins on the car recently because my hood popped open once and since I like to go to the drag strip once in a while and I cruise the car alot I just wanted them for safety. I don't really like the look of them, but better safe then sorry.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Looks good and very clean but the hoop pins got to go and REMOVE THAT WING. Here is a couple of mine without the wing. I love the look of it like that.

DSCN1007.jpg

DSCN1008.jpg

WashedandWaxed2.jpg

Cobra2001X

Banned
^^^ yeah I will be taking the wing off but the hoodpins have to stay on. If the hoodpins were coated with a darker type of paint maybe they won't stand out as much and look decent.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Here are some pics of mine taken in the Spring to show you a clean, black spoilerless new edge:

cobra1d.jpg

cobra2h.jpg

cobra3.jpg

cobra4m.jpg

Last edited:

Cobra2001X

Banned
Why do they have to stay on? I say get a new hood or a stock hood so those can go away :beer:

I have a stock hood but maybe the previous owner messed around with the hood latch or something because I was cruising and down shifted to 2nd gear and hit WOT and kaboom my hood pops up.

Here are some pics of mine taken in the Spring to show you a clean, black spoilerless new edge:

cobra1d.jpg

cobra2h.jpg

cobra3.jpg

cobra4m.jpg

bad ass ride bro! looks really clean. I'll post up some more pics in the spring since its starting to snow around here already. Hopefully I'll have the spoiler taken off, a new hood, and new wheels by then. :rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread