Some questions about navigation/speed sensor/calibrator...maybe related?

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
Hi everyone
so got my X3 sct and popped over a 94 custom tune to my gt500s ecu, now after the tune, I also did the following

since the gt500 is equipped with the track pack options I used 3:73 as the rear diff ratio, and since my tires are 285/30/20 (not F1s) I set the rev/mile count to 755...

First off? Is this information correct to set to the tune??

and also, after flashing the revs/mile and diff information, my navigation popped up a "navigation fault" error on the screen upon start up but the navi works... anyone know how to fix this??

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
yea its confused me, I set the 94 octane tune with the sct for the first time.

Then went back in with the SCT to set the tire revs and rear gear... after setting that I started it and tested the odometer/speedometer by setting a route on my navi (since it tells u how many miles to destination and stuff) but it gave me this "navigation error/contact dealer for service" message once I started driving. But then after leaving work and starting it up again, no such messages popped up?

Well guess computers can be wrong? :shrug:

Ah well, thats over! :dancenana:

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
since the gt500 is equipped with the track pack options I used 3:73 as the rear diff ratio, and since my tires are 285/30/20 (not F1s) I set the rev/mile count to 755...
If you really have a 30 series aspect ratio and this isn't a typo, I think your rev per mile data would be in the 775-780 range. 755 would be in the correct range for a 35 series aspect ratio.

GLASSTOPGT500

Established Member
If you really have a 30 series aspect ratio and this isn't a typo, I think your rev per mile data would be in the 775-780 range. 755 would be in the correct range for a 35 series aspect ratio.

yeah noticed this after driving it a little.
It turned out the second selection on the sct x3 after 755 (+2 down on the list) was the dead on setting... dun remember if it was 775. But thanks... guess there is a way to reduce the odometer clicks on the gt500 too now :p jk

Users who are viewing this thread