Some questions about the new CSVT

KrAzyT

Established Member
Well im picking up the 2000 contour in a few days. I have a couple noob questions.

Bolt pattern? What other cars do the wheels fits?

Do the sideskirts unbolt easily?

Do I have to run 93 all the time or can I drop down to 87?

Whats best oil to run in trans?

Also any info on the dash warp fix?

Thanks everyone for dealing with it. I didn't want to search 100 different times :) :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

fasvtcontour00

Established Member
Bolt pattern is 4X20 I believe...The sideskirts are junk IMO, never tried takin' em off though...As far as the octane goes you can drop down to 89, but you will feel a difference if the car has been run on 93 mostly...the drop in octane will retard the timing in the combustion chamber, car will run, just not as strong...I'll someone else answer the other two questions cuz I don't know much about them....Just pray you don't have to replace the fuel pump.

SVTStuntin'

Established Member
You should only run 93 through this car, the lower octane produces some spark knock usually, for me it did anyways. And yeah, hopefully you won't have to replace the fuel pump cause thats mighty expensive!

Jason43

Brewer, patriot
Established Member
Bolt pattern? What other cars do the wheels fits?
-anything that fits a late model cougar or focus

Do the sideskirts unbolt easily?
-yes

Do I have to run 93 all the time?
-yes!!!

Whats best oil to run in trans?
-I run Mobil 1 ATF

Also any info on the dash warp fix?
-there is a fix kit from ford

If youre buying a CSVT, contour.org is your friend.
Since a couple people mentioned it, if you have the stock fuel pump, it will eventually fail and need to be replaced. The stock sending unit as well as the highly recomended Focus SVT sending unit can be bought for under $100.

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
The fuel pump is only $85. If you think that is expensive go ride a bike. :p

The best MTX fluid is Syncromesh, Ford Honey, or Royal Purple Syncromax.
A handful of people are against Redline (MTL or MT-90) so I didn't recommend it. However more people then that have used it without issues so...

Oh yeah. Running lower then premium is possible but also plain assinine. Mileage and power both drop while detonation goes up. Detonation is BAD.

Users who are viewing this thread