Some questions re:03 GT

Emwun Garand

Established Member
My boss just bought his son a 2003 GT 5 speed for his 16th b-day. I was hoping some of you guys could help me out with some questions he had.

#1 being will a 10.5" wheel 17" diameter fit on the stock axle studs? He's got a 5/16" spacer on there right now but the 9" width wheel still sits too far in.

#2 being, he wants to drop the car. Can some of you guys recommend some springs, possibly include a photo of your GT equipped with them so he can get an idea of what the different sets look like?

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
10.5" wheel fits perfect with no spacer. Depends on backspacing though. If its a "mustang specific" one from somewhere like AM, it will be fine.

Lots of people like H&R springs. I have the super sports paired with bilstein HD shocks and struts. You will want to put aftermarket struts and shocks on meant to handle the abuse of a lowered ride height. The lower you go, the more chances you have of your rear tires rubbing.

You will need caster/camber plates if you lower the car a lot. I recommend maximum motorsports CC plates. You won't get your alignment into spec without CC plates.

Cody4V

Established Member
My boss just bought his son a 2003 GT 5 speed for his 16th b-day. I was hoping some of you guys could help me out with some questions he had.

#1 being will a 10.5" wheel 17" diameter fit on the stock axle studs? He's got a 5/16" spacer on there right now but the 9" width wheel still sits too far in.

#2 being, he wants to drop the car. Can some of you guys recommend some springs, possibly include a photo of your GT equipped with them so he can get an idea of what the different sets look like?
You can run 17×11 on the rear with 315/35/17 tires and eibach sportlines spring will set it down on top of them.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread