Some questions

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Some questions before I order my new Trickflow heads.

On which side should I install the o2 wideband sensor, driver or passenger side? And what will show me the gauge if I install the sensor on just one side?!

And now to the Trickflow´s - I have the stock block with 31k mls on it. I will use the 44cc version with stage2 Comp cams. My only tuning is Lt´s from Kooks, K&N CAI with C&L pipe, TR6, L&S sep, race cats, Magnaflow exhaust and the 2C valvebody from Chickenears.

So my questions, should I better use another MAF / Mafia and, or SBTB? And what number can I expect ( tune from Amazon ) ? What numbers can hold the stock block with the stock inserts?

:pop:

Thanks guys!! :dancenana:

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
My guess is that you will be fine with the stock MAF if you do not pulley it. Someone else can chime in if I'm wrong but 450 at the rear wheels seems to be the line not to cross with the stock block. A retune would be good just to be sure though. I would guess around 375-400 at the rear wheels depending on how well those heads flow. Problem with cams and big heads is this... If you are expecting big power(not that 400 at the wheels would be anything to snuff at) you either have to take advantage of the flow and cams one of two ways. The first it with pulleys. Each pound of boost will bring you bigger returns. The other is with RPM as the cam profile brings your power band higher in the rpm range(boost replaces the rpm) and makes up for the better flowing heads. You will definitely make more power but not make big gains unless you do one of those two things. You are definitely starting out great for a good platform for good efficient power. BTW, does anyone know what the stock combustion chamber size is for our heads? This could effect you too.

Jaimie

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
Thanks Jaimie,

so the case is the follow, my stock heads are broken and the seasson here in Germany is over for me. So I have decide to make it right and search about parts that I will change or upgrade. If I change directly to a smaller lower pulley ( 4 ) in combination with stage 2 cams? Or would it be better to let the powerband in lower rpm´s take stage 1 cams?

With stock combustion chamber size you mean intake and exhaust valves?
intake: 44,5mm per cylinder
exhaust: 36mm per cylinder ( this is taken from the 99 to 00 models! I have a 01 and don´t know if there was a change !! )

Users who are viewing this thread