Some upgrades to the BADBOSS

lpheaven

Established Member
Put this on the FI forum too.

Only put another 5 kish miles and figured it is time for some tasty upgrades to support more boost in the future.

TSS opgs, RXT Clutch/flywheel and SS lines, Prothane MMs, Cobra Jet ti-vct pulse ring and some other "goodies". All mods professionally installed by my friend Craig Silverton @ Performance Specialties

Here is something interesting. The stock 2012 BOSS 302 Ti-VCT pulse ring was IDENTICAL to the Cobra Jet Ford Racing competition ring. Of course we put the new one on, so if anyone wants my stock one throw me 40 bucs and i'll send it over. Check the specs if you want on AM's site. Search Ford Racing competition pulse ring.
Enjoy,
Robert

20160624_143449_zps4rwg91vm.jpg

20160624_142428_zpsishlkdg9.jpg

20160624_142421_zpse4mbpfbr.jpg

IMG951808_zpsebtqgqy9.jpg

20160624_143502_zpszcnkwwiz.jpg

Some of his other projects
20160615_101959_zpsi9v7zjyi.jpg

20160615_101845_zpslepqpimh.jpg

20160615_101921_zpsaqnrjnig.jpg

20160615_101817_zpsjkehaphr.jpg

[video=youtube;L-4f7AvL1Fg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-4f7AvL1Fg[/video]

[video=youtube;L15fk6An9n0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L15fk6An9n0[/video]

Last edited:

azazell64

Established Member
Put this on the FI forum too.

Only put another 5 kish miles and figured it is time for some tasty upgrades to support more boost in the future.

TSS opgs, RXT Clutch/flywheel and SS lines, Prothane MMs, Cobra Jet ti-vct pulse ring and some other "goodies". All mods professionally installed by my friend Craig Silverton @ Performance Specialties

Here is something interesting. The stock 2012 BOSS 302 Ti-VCT pulse ring was IDENTICAL to the Cobra Jet Ford Racing competition ring. Of course we put the new one on, so if anyone wants my stock one throw me 40 bucs and i'll send it over. Check the specs if you want on AM's site. Search Ford Racing competition pulse ring.
Enjoy,
Robert

I found they were very similar when I changed mine as well. It took us quite some time to differentiate between the two. I talked to a few people as well that seemed to have verified our finds. The difference we found were the thickness of the metal used as to eliminate the tone ring distortion once in the higher revs. The stock Roadrunner tone ring is of slightly lighter gauge metal. I used to have pictures on my old phone to support this as well, unfortunately that phone is now at the bottom of a local lake lol. Also if I recall correctly, the part numbers were the same, however, the CJ one had a hand written number on it that was also confirmed with AM.

lpheaven

Established Member
I found they were very similar when I changed mine as well. It took us quite some time to differentiate between the two. I talked to a few people as well that seemed to have verified our finds. The difference we found were the thickness of the metal used as to eliminate the tone ring distortion once in the higher revs. The stock Roadrunner tone ring is of slightly lighter gauge metal. I used to have pictures on my old phone to support this as well, unfortunately that phone is now at the bottom of a local lake lol. Also if I recall correctly, the part numbers were the same, however, the CJ one had a hand written number on it that was also confirmed with AM.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your phone but LOL. Funny you mentioned the above, after I posted i was bullshitting with my friend/mechanic and he said basically the same thing. Cool man, thanks for that. I'll be bringing my BOSS over to JDM Engineering for a tune once I break in the new clutch. I may remove the helper spring. The RXT clutch is a night and day difference from stock in a good way but I think i like a little more feedback. It's like pushing air with my foot. Freaking butter shifts.

azazell64

Established Member
LOL yeah I quickly discovered the down side of buying the significantly larger 10" ice auger, also not to leave your phone on your lap when you have layers on an can't tell it's there anymore. I think you have a fairly nice setup running there and you will definitely be happy with your new setup. Post some more videos up of it once you get the tune on it and hopefully some numbers on it.

Users who are viewing this thread