Established Member
Just an FYI, here is list price on some of the OEM body panels:

Fender: $4312.00
Hood: $3826.00
Bumper cover: $1332.00
Door: $6121.00
Roof panel: $1175.00
Rear deck/engine cover: $18575.00

That's $35,000 alone for just 6 parts. No labor, no paint, only the parts listed.

Also, you can buy the frame assembly, it's $70,000.

Last edited:

92 TYPHOON

Established Member
i have bought cars from that company, one being an 04 navigator that they said had a repair cost of 20k. It cost me 3500 parts and labor to fix it. Just shows that their estimator or whatever you want to call it don't mean squat.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I also buy a lot of cars there, they only go by the insurance estimate, and the insurance adjuster uses new retail prices for parts and standard shop rates on labor, so yeh its going to be high.Also some times on a car they know is for sure totaled, they dont actually make a estimate, they just guess and make it large number, sometimes its the value of the car or just under the value.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
some of the cars listed here indicate that they have a HUGE payoff. who the hell finances 80+ % of a Ford GT? i paid in full for mine with cash when i bought mine.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
It did not have a whipple but it does have fms headers, i am trying to buy it right now and the prices for these cars wrecked are crazy and maybe coming around a little right now but still you can't touch a car wrecked for less than 80000.00

Corona-Extra

Miles Away From Ordinary
Established Member
It did not have a whipple but it does have fms headers, i am trying to buy it right now and the prices for these cars wrecked are crazy and maybe coming around a little right now but still you can't touch a car wrecked for less than 80000.00

ohk... i was about to shit myself. i've ran into a guy in Houston a few times with a Whipple charged black stripe less GT, ultra nice guy. just making sure it wasnt his..

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
the black stripeless car was sold a long time ago , you must be trying to buy it from the auction buyer? there is one in Houston this friday, current bid is over 36k. 2,300 miles and was valued at 189k
12967758_AX.JPG

Last edited:

svtwelch711

Established Member
i have a buddy that just got one wrecked from an insurance company(its more complex than that but i wont get into it),ALL black no stripes for 15 grand....no joke B*stard.

i will see if i can get some pics....its looks like its a front clip and frame rails, but the catch is it has alum. frame rails that are one piece or something if i remember right and he says there i no way to fix it again, but not a scratch on it from the windshield back only 2k miles on the whole car.

Last edited:

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
some of the cars listed here indicate that they have a HUGE payoff. who the hell finances 80+ % of a Ford GT? i paid in full for mine with cash when i bought mine.

Probably the same dumbasses losing their houses in foreclosures right about now. :bash:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
This one is in Rancho Cucomundo, CA at the same auction Co. says it was a dealer trade in(not wrecked) and has 840 miles. says value is 205k current bid is 151k.
13795738_1X.JPG

XRQTOR

Banned
cobr96 do you work in the auctions or a wreckers, i'd love to get my hands on a GT but they are beyond my price range but a wrecked one once repaired might be on the cards.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
How much is a new factory GT hood?

Tnx

Mike

when you say hood i assume you mean the clam shell that covers the motor which is in the back of the car and not the trunk which is in the front of the car, lol :dw:

anyway, the clamshell is a two peice composite with the inside peice being made out of carbon fiber so i bet its pretty pricey :read:

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator

That's what I've always figured for high end cars, but like someone else said, probably the same people who bough 1 million dollar houses with interest only loans.

Users who are viewing this thread