Somebody Familiar in Portland Trans Am Race Today

Billy Madrid

Established Member
Look at the SCCA Trans Am Entry List for today's Trans Am. It lists a certain Tim Brown in a Cobra R, :banana:.

Freakin' cool. Tim is running his stock chassis (un seam welded) real 2000 Cobra R :rockon:, in todays Trans Am Race in Portland. He qualified 13th out of 17 cars and is running about 4 seconds a lap slower than the real GT1 cars and 10 seconds a lap off pole. Tim is down about 300 hp, weighs about 200 lbs heavier and is the only unibody car in the race.

He is not the slowest by far and with any luck he can put the car in the Top 10 at the end of the race. This is amazing and any Mustang supporter should get behind him today. I can hardly wait to see how he does. Live timing and scoring is available at SCCA Pro Live Timing - Trans-Am at Portland.

In the warm up he got the car down to within 9 seconds of pole, :bowdown:, with a real Cobra R!!!!!! Just a great story and I hope he gets some coverage and support out of this.

Eric Nummelin

Billy Madrid

Established Member
10th after dropping out on the 7th lap. A bit of quick carnage, :shrug:.

I am certain that somebody from the team will be able to update all of us on what happened.

TimB

Established Member
Hi Mark

I was at Portland for the SCCA regional race and the Trans Am grid was down on entries so they asked some of the regional gt1 cars if they wanted to start the race. All the other cars were tube frame , I was the only tub car. I actually should have qualified in the low 1:19's but I had a odd brake problem that we could not figure out and the fastest I went was a 1:20.0 , 9 seconds off the pole time . Most of the front runners had sb2 or roush yates motors making over 850 hp. My top speed on the back straight is in the 145 mph range and I was told Drissi was hitting 175 + . In one session the track was black flagged when a Rocketsports Jag blew it's engine and when it went green I was the only car on track , it was pretty cool driving Portland with a decent amount of spectators and being the only one on the track . If I had stayed out until the end I would have been 8th.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread