Someone broke into my car today!!!!

PatsFan

That guy
Established Member
So today i figured i would just go to the beach for a little while, just to kinda walk up and down it. Well during the 40 minutes i was there someone broke into my car (cobra vert) stole my i pod, $900 gucci watch, and 100 in cash. Im pretty happy they overlooked my radar detector though. Then im guessing in an attempt to re-lock the car after breaking into it, they pressed the window lock button, which is a big button that just says lock on it. Judging by the fact they did not take the radar or any accessory car adaptors, as well as using the window lock button to "re-lock" the car, im assuming that it was a kid or group of kids that did it. I called the police and filled a report, but im sure nothing can really be done about it other than going to the insurance company, but i dont think im gonna even do that. Im pretty pissed off about the whole situation, but at the same time happy that no damage was done to the car.
:cuss: :mj: :fm:

cj3113

King of Controversy
Established Member
Did you forget to lock the doors or did the damage the car to get in? Sorry to hear that though.

Edit: And no offense, but a $900 wallet? Is that necessary? Seems like all you can acquire from a $900 wallet is the fact that other people will want to take it.

C1Sn8k

Established Member
Did you forget to lock the doors or did the damage the car to get in? Sorry to hear that though.

Edit: And no offense, but a $900 wallet? Is that necessary? Seems like all you can acquire from a $900 wallet is the fact that other people will want to take it.

it was a $900 watch

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Know how you feel, and yes you are lucky they didn't do any damage. Any more I always lock my truck even at home in the garage. Thieves will go through your car even if there isn't anything obvious to take if you give them the opportunity.

PatsFan

That guy
Established Member
That sucks but why on earth would you leave a $900 watch in a car?

first of all i didnt want it to get damaged at the beach. but i figured i was just going for a walk (ended up taking less than an hour) on a nice beach on cape cod of all places, where 90% of people leave the keys in the ignition of the car, what would happen. I have parked in some very sketchy places before too, where i didnt even want to leave my car and nothing happened.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
first of all i didnt want it to get damaged at the beach. but i figured i was just going for a walk (ended up taking less than an hour) on a nice beach on cape cod of all places, where 90% of people leave the keys in the ignition of the car, what would happen. I have parked in some very sketchy places before too, where i didnt even want to leave my car and nothing happened.

so your car was unlocked?

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
so your car was unlocked?

Must have been. My car was broken into twice, first time they busted the side window and the second time they broke the keyhole on the driver's door and bent the door skin. No way some punk kids got in without damaging the car.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member

That sucks dude, getting your stuff stolen always sucks.

On the other hand The Cape for the most part is not as nice as you describe, I would definitely not leave my car unlocked(not sure if you did). People do not leave their keys in their cars and most people with any common sense lock their cars. You make it sounds like the Cape is a type of place that if your car is unlocked someone will open the car and leave a wad of cash for you. :rollseyes

ff500

Established Member
What Beach on the Cape? We have a house in West Yarmouth and are heading down next week, we usually go to Seagull Beach.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
why the hell would you spend 900$ on a watch? Watches have been obsolete since the 90s.. Would be so much easier/cheaper to just open your cell phone up or read the outer screen to get the time lol.

Rochard

Established Member
I've never had my car broken into. Then again, I never leave anything in my car worth taken.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
What Beach on the Cape? We have a house in West Yarmouth and are heading down next week, we usually go to Seagull Beach.

I was going to ask you the same thing. Our place is in Cotuit and I have never locked my car.

Users who are viewing this thread