Someone set the dudes across the pond straight!

S197man

Established Member
I ran across this vid on youtube calling this car the worlds fastest "street" car. Just wanted to point out it's 2200hp is rated at the crank not the rear wheels. There is no doubt its fast w/ a high 7sec 1/4mi. run but it's not exactly a streetable car. It is a Chevy TT-BB on the bottle but the fastest street legal car in the world....Huh?? Folks from the UK do not seem to understand that in the US we have TT Vipers, TT/T Stangs, TT/T Camaros, TT Gallardos, TT/T Supras, etc.. that are in more streetable trim and can run 7's in the 1/4mi. as well. Really, regardless of trap times (wheel spin a major problem for most of these cars on the strip), these cars would beast that car on the street. I know responding to these type of vids is pointless most of the time, but I wanted to see how they responded to a bombardment of emails from folks who ACTUALLY know something about cars! Will someone please help me set these dudes straight! I am tired of these stupid Britt's and their stupid shows like top gear that brainwash them into believing false facts about cars! They are so narrow minded! They are starting to dumb me down a peg :fm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtxfbxGz1u4"]YouTube - Fastest street legal car[/ame]

S197man

Established Member
I figured it was best to post in smackdown since there was trash talking involved? Sorry..

NIL8R

I PROMISE IT WON'T HURT
Established Member
"Those Brits" Oh I would be one of those then, know many of us do you? I saw it a long time back and thought it was bull, so please refrain from lumping us all onto the same "Brit" category. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to get to know a "Brit" better.

george.arnold

Established Member
I dont know why you're so mad about it. When that video was made it WAS the fastest street car in the world. Now Rod Saboury's split-window Vette has now been 6.95 @ 210 in street trim. The guy that owns that car in Britain posts on yellowbullet.com a lot too. He's a really nice fella, and pretty damn smart as well.

S197man

Established Member
"Those Brits" Oh I would be one of those then, know many of us do you? I saw it a long time back and thought it was bull, so please refrain from lumping us all onto the same "Brit" category. Please feel free to PM me if you would like to get to know a "Brit" better.

Yea, sorry about that. I am not referring to all British but just to those that support and believe dumb shows like top gear. Trust me, there are plenty of US retards as well if you read the comments on youtube. Again, sorry to offend anyone.

S197man

Established Member
Also, nothing against the guy that owns the car in the video, and at the time the car was built who knows, maybe it was the fastest? Fact is, it lacks a lot in order to make it usably streetable like cars we see today running 6's and 7's. I guess maybe it could be considered an old school street king?

NXGHOST

Established Member
If you yourself do not own a 7 second (or 6 second) street car....why do you car who does?? It's like a ricer who always says he knows someone with a car that can beat another guy. Sorry to be so blunt.

Users who are viewing this thread