Something I foud at work about Ford trucks.....

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
I was looking around on the computer the other night at work and found a letter from the plant manager to all the managment and team leaders. In it, it was saying that Ford set a record for the most vehicles with the same name plate sold in a month. That hasn't been done since the Model T. I can't remember the exact number, but Ford sold 19X,XXX F-Series trucks in the month of July. Of course the employee discount helped out, but thats alot of trucks sold. Ford had figured it up that someone was buying a F-Series every 21 seconds. :eek:

With everyone having the employee discount Ford still out sold Chevy and Dodge. Ford has been the #1 selling truck for 28 years and I persoanlly think it's only gonna get better. Toyota is building a plant rright in the heart of Texas (where ALOT of our truck reside) to take business away. I don't think Toyota or Nissan have any place in the truck market with Ford, Chevy, or Dodge around. :rockon: I rarely see a Nissan Titan at all and that is a good thing to me.

American trucks > Import trucks

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Wait til we release the 07' or 07.5' Super Duty's. I think they are gonna be a twin turbo 6.4L. We've been hearing of a test mule running around the plant with 600 whp and I'm sure a butt load of torque to go with it. :thumbsup:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
My old man is trading in his Navigator for a King Ranch F-150. I've driven a King Ranch Superduty with the V10, and that is one bad ass mofo. :coolman:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
new2BIGPAR said:
Wait til we release the 07' or 07.5' Super Duty's. I think they are gonna be a twin turbo 6.4L. We've been hearing of a test mule running around the plant with 600 whp and I'm sure a butt load of torque to go with it. :thumbsup:
In other applications the emissions TT diesels I've been around have been nothing but problematic pieces of shit. My expecations aren't going to be that high for this new motor. On a side note, the only other pickup I would ever own would be a toyota. For what they are they seem to be pretty decent, but it won't ever take my superduty's place.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
99cobrablack said:
In other applications the emissions TT diesels I've been around have been nothing but problematic pieces of shit. My expecations aren't going to be that high for this new motor. On a side note, the only other pickup I would ever own would be a toyota. For what they are they seem to be pretty decent, but it won't ever take my superduty's place.

Problems are always a concern when we release a new model, but we will run a bunch of 07's while building the 06's to see how they come out. Actually, we are suppose to build several 07's this week on night shift. We do this to work the bugs out before the launch date. We have plenty of time. :-D

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
i love my F-150. ALthough those older toyota trucks last a long ass time... 0_0 If i have to mention that the only Chevy truck (Silverado) ive ever driven with 21 miles on the odo had a tranny problem 2 days after I had it. :lol:

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Every manufacturer has thier problems with the vehicles, but even with or without problems, Ford has by far the greater public support than any and I don't see Toyota or Nissan taking that away.

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
I own a 2004 F-350 diesel 4X4. I will NEVER own another brand of truck. I love this truck and it is a towing BEAST! If you are in the truck market, but a FORD. It's not the #1 selling truck for 28 years straight for no reason.

Nordi

GH1086

Established Member
I'm not a big fan of Ford trucks but I still like to see American car companies doing good, but I do have to say my dad's 2000 Silverado 2500 has 130,000 miles on it with the only part replaced is a CV joint, everything else has been just normal maintnence.

whip

Established Member
Ford trucks rule! I can't wait for the new Sup. I'll wait a year or two for the bugs to be worked out, then its time to order up the full meal deal. F350 PSD fully loaded leather everywhere, rear windows that go down, and hopefully I'll be able to get a sun roof in a Super cab on that one! Then its time for an aluminum trailer, and a new motor for the Lightning, and a roll cage, and tranny, and suspension, oh, and a suspension for the F350 too. Oh, and a stereo for the F350, and exhaust, and programer....oh fu ck! That ought to put me at least a 100 grand in the whole! I hope I can swing that and a morgage payment, or else I'll be buying a camper for the F350 too! Dohhhhhhh!

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Nordi said:
I own a 2004 F-350 diesel 4X4. I will NEVER own another brand of truck. I love this truck and it is a towing BEAST! If you are in the truck market, but a FORD. It's not the #1 selling truck for 28 years straight for no reason.

Nordi

I'm glad you like your truck. :-D

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
whip said:
Ford trucks rule! I can't wait for the new Sup. I'll wait a year or two for the bugs to be worked out, then its time to order up the full meal deal. F350 PSD fully loaded leather everywhere, rear windows that go down, and hopefully I'll be able to get a sun roof in a Super cab on that one! Then its time for an aluminum trailer, and a new motor for the Lightning, and a roll cage, and tranny, and suspension, oh, and a suspension for the F350 too. Oh, and a stereo for the F350, and exhaust, and programer....oh fu ck! That ought to put me at least a 100 grand in the whole! I hope I can swing that and a morgage payment, or else I'll be buying a camper for the F350 too! Dohhhhhhh!

:lol:

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
new2BIGPAR said:
I'm glad you like your truck. :-D

I have loved all the other Ford trucks I have owned too. All I own is Ford everything. I had a 1979 Bronco 351-auto (300K miles), 1980 F-150 302-auto (200K miles), 1985 F-250 351-4 speed (300K miles), 1990 F-150 300-auto (200K miles), and my 2004 F-350 (24K miles and a LOT more to go :thumbsup: ) My new truck was finished around 2-3 am I was told on May 28th, 2004.

Nordi

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread