something smells fishy...

fangstang

Established Member
........at my dealership. When I went there 2 weeks ago to look at the red 2003 they had, I asked to see the status of my silver coupe I have on order from 2/9. My sales guy told me that there is a "material hold"assigned to my car. Thats strange, why didnt I hear of that before. Whatever. So he asked me if I liked the red one outside and I replied yes, very much so, but I told him that I've been getting harassed by cops all the time in my white 2001, so red doesnt sound like too smart a choice for me. So after that discussion, we went back inside to try to solve the dilemma on the "material hold". I told switch the color from silver to blue, OK, done. I was pleased, but still, something worried me. He told me to call him on that Saturday to confirm the change of color, so I called, and he told me nothing yet, call on Monday. O.K. I call this past Monday and he told me to call him on Wednesday, now I'm getting very impatient, and worried. I call on Wed. and I get his answering machine, leave a message, and hang up. No return phone call. I called today at 2:30 in the afternoon, he finally answers and he quickly told me he'll call me back at my house cause he's with another customer. HE DOESNT CALL BACK!!!!!! I'm livid now!!! This guy is making me not want this car at all now!!! AT ALL!!!!! I've tried the other local dealerships, but all are sold out. I personaly think that they sold my silver coupe to someone else, because, A- I never recieved my Prod. #, B- I never recieved my Vin#, and C- this "material hold" BS comes out of knowhere, and I was one of the first to order!
I think that I'm going to look at a ZO6 on Monday. Chevy is having special finance rates right now, and the guy I spoke to at the dealership told me they are going to discount them soon. I dont know how true that may be, but, I will give it a shot unless a miracle happens before Monay afternoon. Sorry for the long post, but I'm very frustrated, and disappointed that this is happening.

Edin

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
fangstang - I don't know why your car wouldn't have been built if you ordered it early as I know other's have gotten their silver '03s. However, I had read that silver was no longer available. Just thought maybe that could be the mysterious material hold problem. Just a thought. Hope you get your car soon, what ever color you decide on. Hang in there.

fangstang

Established Member
If I ordered the first coupe from my dealership on 2/9, then I believe I should be getting my silver coupe. I truly think they sold it on me. I ordered silver before many guys on this site, and I wont be recieving it! I also dont understand why I didnt get my Vin#, Prod.# or anything for that matter! That ZO6 is looking better, and better

Edin

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Did you order the polished wheels? There have been a couple posts from reliable sources that attest to a "material hold" on the chrome wheels....so thats not BS and as Black2001Cobra stated, there's no more Satin Silvers being made.

That being said, because of your order date I would still agree with you that your dealer is playing games.

I really wish SVT would hold their dealers to a higher standard than the average.....

Last edited:

Aharon

Established Member
It is probably on hold becuase the Satin Silver you originally ordered is not being produced anymore. You will need to change to Metalic Silver or another new color. Same thing happened to my car. It was put on hold after they discontued Mineral Grey until I picked a new color.

mike99

Established Member
fangstang,
Do you have a signed order with a deposit on the car? A few weeks after ordering you shoud have gotten a VIN #... I would raise hell if I was you!

fangstang

Established Member
Yeah, I have my order sheet from the dealer on the day I ordered it(2/9/02). It clearly states, silver coupe, spoiler, standard rims. I asked him a few weeks ago whats up with my vin#? He said that they dont get the vin#'s of any of their cars till 10 days before delivery. Sounds like a lot of BULLSHIT!!!!! I'm very near my threshold, and something could go wrong at this dealership if I decide to go there this week! I'M A ****IN' RETURN CUSTOMER FOR GODSAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
fangstang,
Not to add fuel to your fire, but the dealer should have been able to provide you with a VIN a couple weeks after you ordered as Mike99 stated. It does sound quite fishy - I would start going up the chain... sales manager, general manager, owner, etc. In any case, best of luck and we're pulling for you.
Cheers,
Pete

fangstang

Established Member
Thanks for all your help guys, I truly appreciate it! This Monday I will request to talk to the manager of the dealership, and I will let him know EVERYTHING! I dont care if I create a friction between myself and the dealership, just want what I ordered, thats it!

Snakebitten

5150 SVT Poster
Established Member
No FLAMES please. Fangstang, don't get me wrong, the 03 is a great car for the money and I'm waiting for mine, but the Z06 is in a different leauge. If I could afford a Z06(or even a new C5), I would get one. I guess I'm not into the brand loyalty thing.

fangstang

Established Member
I'm seriously considering a ZO6, but only if the price is right.

Rob03

Established Member
I think they probably sold the car from under you. If they cannot provide you with what you ordered then you have a case against the dealership. If you really want the car, then you could hire a lawyer and let him go to bat for you since you did have a binding contract back in Feb. You can just write it off to whatever and move on also. Hope it works out for you either way.

Good Luck..

Robert

Users who are viewing this thread