Something to Tow the Cobra with???????

shortydoo313

Established Member
Moving soon, Just trying to get an idea of a good truck or SUV that i can pull the cobra with/DD and not spend an arm and a leg. I wanna stay under $9,000

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Older Expedition would do the trick. If you'd like more room and don't mind bad mileage a good gas powered Excursion and be had for that price.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Why not rent a box truck that's capable of towing and fill it and the cobra with Crap you are taking? :shrug:

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
if its in an open trailer there isnt a single V8 tow package equipped 1/2 truck that wont get it done. Just pick which style/look you like.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Any fullsize pickup will be adequate.

More details on how much you'd be towing the Cobra, and how far might help you narrow down something more specific.

shortydoo313

Established Member
it will be the cobra, possibly my bike if i don't sell it, and about another 1000lbs worth of stuff. I know i could do a rental but I'm looking to buy something to DD. So i can stop putting soo many miles on the cobra

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
it will be the cobra, possibly my bike if i don't sell it, and about another 1000lbs worth of stuff. I know i could do a rental but I'm looking to buy something to DD. So i can stop putting soo many miles on the cobra

You arent getting crazy heavy but at this point you are probably in the 7-8k range (given a 3600lb car, prob a 1800-2000lb trailer (uhaul twin axle is 2300-2400lb empty for example), 1000lbs on extras, bike, etc etc). That isnt a huge amount for local driving but not sure id enjoy pulling that much with a 1/2 ton truck a 1000+ miles for example. How about somethnig like a 2nd gen Cummins? They are easily in that price range.

Users who are viewing this thread